Respected Contributor

Re: Baseball Talk 2018 season, all are welcome!

I got home in time to see the Yankees score run #2.  Wish I hadn't been here to see the Marlins scoring in this inning.  Oy!!!

Let's Go Yankees!!!!!

“Do not think only of your own joy, but vow to save all beings from suffering.”
Dalai Lama
Respected Contributor

P.S. Waving hi to @dmod nj@MarLoCat@Lori Kaye and @cancun08.  Hope you ladies are having a good evening in spite of the Yankees.

“Do not think only of your own joy, but vow to save all beings from suffering.”
Dalai Lama
Respected Contributor

Red Sox 10  vs  Indians 4     Final

Red Sox

Good Night Red Sox!!!

~A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words~
Honored Contributor

@Lori Kaye wrote:

I didn’t realize that “Donnie baseball” was the coach for the Marlins. I started watching the Yankees when Don came aboard. I think that was around 1983 when our son was born. My husband had been a Yankee fan long before that. Our son played baseball in school and even college. He had a tryout with the Yankees in the old Yankee stadium and while there he grabbed a clump of grass from centerfield and put it in his pocket. I put it in a plastic bag in a scrapbook and believe it or not the grass is still green!  He ended up getting drafted by the Astros and played a couple years in their farm system until a knee injury ended his career. It was a great ride while it lasted and one we will never forget!! 

@Lori KayeWow!!  Thanks for sharing that story about your son's baseball career. Holy smokes!  He must be very talented.   What a bummer to have a knee injury end his career. Does he ever think what might have been?

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

@MarLoCat  thanks for the snacks and congrats on the win.  Your boys righted the ship! They are back to their winning ways. 

WTHades! I can't believe our boys lost to the Marlins.  It should have been a 2 game series sweep!  Instead, they are going into a day off with a loss to the Marlins, after barely winning last night.  

Image result for Oh no

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

Image result for screaming girl

Honored Contributor

Heart  https://www.nhl.com/news/devils-boyle-throws-out-first-pitch-at-red-sox-game/c-299821864?tid=2813961...

Trusted Contributor

@dmod nj My son would have loved to have played longer but he knows he got a lot farther than most boys that dream of playing Pro ball. And it isn’t the glamorous life that sometimes it looks like it might be. Spring training meant long days in the hot sun and there was a language barrier with so many of the boys. The pay is minimal until you make it to the bigs. There are only two boys that he ever played with or against that made it big, so we are happy he got out when he did. He went on to grad school and got his MBA and is doing very well for himself now. It was an experience that he will never forget! 

Trusted Contributor

3F434B94-4C9F-4B21-91DB-C4BCB45BC3B4.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@Lori Kaye wrote:

@dmod nj My son would have loved to have played longer but he knows he got a lot farther than most boys that dream of playing Pro ball. And it isn’t the glamorous life that sometimes it looks like it might be. Spring training meant long days in the hot sun and there was a language barrier with so many of the boys. The pay is minimal until you make it to the bigs. There are only two boys that he ever played with or against that made it big, so we are happy he got out when he did. He went on to grad school and got his MBA and is doing very well for himself now. It was an experience that he will never forget! 

Your son has had a diverse and accomplished life.  Continued good life to him.   
Thank you for sharing his story.  Smiley Happy