Respected Contributor

Re: Baseball Talk 2018 season, all are welcome!

@dmod njwrote:

Yankees are playing the second of a four game series with the Jays tonight. 

Tanaka was good in his first outing this season.  Yankees ahead 4-1 in the 8th. 

How is your team doing today?  

I'm watching the Yankees in between periods and during commericals of the NY Rangers game.  

Missed most of the game due to appointment and grocery shopping.    The score was 4-1 when I got home.  Glad to hear that Tanaka had a good outing.  Chapman was making me nervous in the bottom of the 9th.  Thank goodness the Yankees held on to win 4-2.

Hope the Rangers had a good game tonight.

See you tomorrow.

“Do not think only of your own joy, but vow to save all beings from suffering.”
Dalai Lama
Trusted Contributor

@dmod njwrote:

@DukeBlueNanwrote:

Well y'all, I have to give a shout out to the Braves! Here's hoping a better season.

@DukeBlueNan  good luck to your Braves!   Is it a rebuilding year or do the experts think it will be a better  year?  

According to the "expert" that lives with me, husband, it's a rebuilding year! 

We watch a LOT of baseball and even went to Cooperstown last year. Have you been? One of the best trips we've ever taken. Even thought the drive was brutal, 12 hours, it was worth it. Sorry to digress! To sum all this up, baseball is in our blood!

Honored Contributor

@jbinrwcwrote:

@dmod njwrote:

Yankees are playing the second of a four game series with the Jays tonight. 

Tanaka was good in his first outing this season.  Yankees ahead 4-1 in the 8th. 

How is your team doing today?  

I'm watching the Yankees in between periods and during commericals of the NY Rangers game.  

Missed most of the game due to appointment and grocery shopping.    The score was 4-1 when I got home.  Glad to hear that Tanaka had a good outing.  Chapman was making me nervous in the bottom of the 9th.  Thank goodness the Yankees held on to win 4-2.

Hope the Rangers had a good game tonight.

See you tomorrow.

Hi @jbinrwc  Rangers lost big time. They are eliminated from the playoffs, but I still am watching.  lol  Only another week to go in regular season hockey. 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

@DukeBlueNanwrote:

@dmod njwrote:

@DukeBlueNanwrote:

Well y'all, I have to give a shout out to the Braves! Here's hoping a better season.

@DukeBlueNan  good luck to your Braves!   Is it a rebuilding year or do the experts think it will be a better  year?  

We watch a LOT of baseball and even went to Cooperstown last year. Have you been? One of the best trips we've ever taken. Even thought the drive was brutal, 12 hours, it was worth it. Sorry to digress! To sum all this up, baseball is in our blood!

Hi @DukeBlueNan   funny, my husband calls me the  "expert" he lives with. LOL   He'll watch a game with me, but I'm the rabid sports fan in the house.  

I have not been to Cooperstown, but it is on the list of places I'd love to visit.  

Fingers crossed the Braves won tonight for you?!?!

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Trusted Contributor

@dmod nj No win last night. Drat! (That's the only questionable word I dare use here but know I MIGHT be thinking another.) There MIGHT have even been others said last night by experts!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@DukeBlueNanwrote:

@dmod nj No win last night. Drat! (That's the only questionable word I dare use here but know I MIGHT be thinking another.) There MIGHT have even been others said last night by experts!

@DukeBlueNan  lol  I can relate. LOL  I might have used a potty mouth word a time or two .   LOL Yes, the words that are acceptable here are not the words I use while "coaching" my team during the game. LOL  

Today's another game. Good luck!! 

Honored Contributor

Yankees play game three of four with the Jays today. Game is at 4:00 eastern. 

CC and Estrada are the starters. 

Fingers crossed  CC has a good outing. 

Share with all of us your team's match up today.  

I'll pop in and out during the game.  I'm cooking and baking for tomorrow.  I'll be listening to the game and will try to get to the computer. Smiley Happy 

Happy Easter, Happy Passover, Happy Spring Weekend.........whatever you celebrate. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@DukeBlueNanwrote:

@dmod njwrote:

@DukeBlueNanwrote:

@DukeBlueNan @dmod nj I love Cooperstown- I've been there several times. But it's in the middle of small upstate NY towns- even coming from NJ it feels like a neverending trip!! I want to get back there - and treat myself to the Otesaga. I'm on their email list for last minute packages !!

Trusted Contributor

@Ibby114wrote:

@DukeBlueNan@dmod nj I love Cooperstown- I've been there several times. But it's in the middle of small upstate NY towns- even coming from NJ it feels like a neverending trip!! I want to get back there - and treat myself to the Otesaga. I'm on their email list for last minute packages !!

@Ibby114 I love that little town. It's so picturesque and the history in the museum blew me away. I wouldn't mind going again this year but that's 12 hours and I'm a terrible passenger. Not unlike a child!

Staying in the Otesaga would be amazing!  I need to get on that list, too, 

Esteemed Contributor

Mets took their second game 6-2!!

GO METS!! YA GOTTA BELIEVE!!