Honored Contributor

Re: Baseball Talk 2018 season, all are welcome!

@KitTkatwrote:

@dmod njwrote:
@KitTkatwrote:

I'm a Seattle Mariners girl. I love opening day! I'll be cheerleading my team on all season. Good luck to everyone. I hope it's a fun season. As for October, I haven't been since 2001, so...i keep dreaming.

KitTkat  I'm not sure what the "experts" are saying about the M's season, but keep the faith!   Please join in!!  Enjoy opening day and the festivities!   Who are the M's playing? At home or away? 

Playing the Indians at home. I never pay attention to the "experts". As long as we stay healthy we're a pretty good team. Last year was injury plagued, so hoping for better outcome this year.

@KitTkat  I hope the team is healthy and they do better this season.  Is Cano still with the team? 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21wrote:

baseball-600x460.jpg

@Greeneyedlady21  Hi!!  Well, it was a long winter, but your Sox are back in action again today!!    

I hope you and your mom are able to enjoy this season. Heart   Both of you continue to be in my prayers.  

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

@JaneMarplewrote:

Lifelong NY Mets fan here, so sad to see our beloved Rusty Staub has passed away. May he rest in peace. Woman Sad

Hi @JaneMarple  I just heard the sad news. Smiley Sad  May he RIP.  He was such  a wonderful man and gave back so much, did so much for others........a true humanitarian.  

When I was growing up, I LOVED watching him and listening/reading (in the Daily News) about his love of cooking. 

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/mets/rusty-staub-beloved-mets-icon-dead-73-article-1.3902...

Honored Contributor

@nyc1wrote:

2017-10-20 06_08_34-yankees logo images - Google Search - Internet Explorer.png2017-10-20 06_11_45-yankee logo clip art - Google Search - Internet Explorer.png2017-10-20 06_13_13-yankee stadium clip art - Google Search - Internet Explorer.png

Hi @nyc1  so good to see you. Smiley Happy   Please join in.  

Hope you are doing well. Smiley Happy 

Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35wrote:

Baseball.jpg

Hi @VaBelle35   hope the weather clears up for the Nats tomorrow.  In the meantime, enjoy the Yankees.  

So glad to see you here. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Hi everyone, Smiley Happy

I am home a little earlier than expected.    

Yankees have a 2-0 lead.     

Welcome to the Yankees, Stanton.  He homered at his first Yankee at bat. 

I forgot that Grandy is with the Jays.  I so like Curtis Granderson.  

Russell Martin is still with them. 

I think Joey Bats is still a free agent. 

Honored Contributor

Congrats to the Mets on winning their home opener!!  

Honored Contributor

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/noah-syndergaard-mets-2018-mlb-opening-day

Honored Contributor

5th inning, 4-0 Yankees. 

Stanton contributing!!  

Respected Contributor

Waving hi to dmod and all of the other baseball fans who have posted so far.

Yankees fan here.  They are up 4-0 against the Jays.  Stanton has 2 RBI's.  Severino is looking really good.

Nice to see MarLoCat, greeneyedlady, nyc1, Jane Marple and VaBelle35 joining us again this season.  Sorry if I missed any other returning fans.

KitTkat, I was very happy to see that Ichiro is in the starting lineup for the Mariner's today.  He is one of my all-time favorite players.

greeneyedlady, hope you are doing well.  I continue to pray for you and your Mom.

It's baseball season!  The best time of the year.

Go Yankees!!!!!

“Do not think only of your own joy, but vow to save all beings from suffering.”
Dalai Lama