Reply
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Posts: 422
Registered: ‎02-02-2016

Re: Baseball Talk 2017 season, all are welcome!

@dmod I grew up in Connecticut, but attended Wellesley College just outside of Boston...have always loved the teams from New England..My niece was offered a couple of sports scholarships...she turned them down..wanting to graduate with honors from BC..she knew practice and road trips would interfere. She was pleasantly surprised to be offered the job...which she had for the entire four years...she is quite the jock....started running with her dad when about 4 years old.

Highlighted
Super Contributor
Posts: 422
Registered: ‎02-02-2016

Re: Baseball Talk 2017 season, all are welcome!

@dmod My sister went to Northeastern! She lived with my husband and I until a room opened on campus...she was a transfer in from Hollins, a small women's school in Virginia.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 10,837
Registered: ‎07-09-2011

Re: Baseball Talk 2017 season, all are welcome!


@dmod wrote:

Hi @Drythe welcome!     Your Sox have the same record as my Yankees.   Our boys have to get used to playing together.  Yankees have lots of new kids.  I'm getting used to lots of new names too.

 

Good luck to your White Sox. 

 

My son lives in Chicago and his neighborhood's team are the Sox.  I hope to get to the stadium this summer when I visit. 

 

 


@dmod

 

Well, I CAN say that my team is not at the bottom of the league - yet!  2005 seems a long time ago!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,375
Registered: ‎03-11-2010

Re: Baseball Talk 2017 season, all are welcome!

Hi dmod,

I have been switching back and forth between the game and the Masters.  I am not very happy either.  I said a lot of bad words during last night's game.  Offense starts off strong but pitching has been terrible.  And numbers for men left on base are climbing rapidly.  I can almost hear Yankettes screaming.  Every time I am on the golf, I hesitate to go back to the ballgame.  Let's hope things improve when the Yankees get home.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,375
Registered: ‎03-11-2010

Re: Baseball Talk 2017 season, all are welcome!

Yankees up 4-1 now.  Maybe I should stick with the golf!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,375
Registered: ‎03-11-2010

Re: Baseball Talk 2017 season, all are welcome!

Hubbub!  Score is now 4-3 and O's have the bases loaded with 2 outs.  I can't watch.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,174
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Baseball Talk 2017 season, all are welcome!

My Texas Rangers got swept 0-3 by the Indians but bounced back with a good win last night against the Athletics.    I hope they make it two wins tonight.  I'm trying to be optimistic about this year but their pitching doesn't look good enough.  I hope they prove me wrong.

 

Why can't I copy and paste pictures here????

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 16,484
Registered: ‎10-04-2011

Re: Baseball Talk 2017 season, all are welcome!


@gracie2014 wrote:

@dmod I grew up in Connecticut, but attended Wellesley College just outside of Boston...have always loved the teams from New England..My niece was offered a couple of sports scholarships...she turned them down..wanting to graduate with honors from BC..she knew practice and road trips would interfere. She was pleasantly surprised to be offered the job...which she had for the entire four years...she is quite the jock....started running with her dad when about 4 years old.


@gracie2014  thanks for sharing your story.  One of my former students attended Wellesley College.  She LOVED her years there.    I have family who lives in the New Canaan and Fairfield areas, so I am familiar with those areas of CT.    Congrats to your niece for making the choice  she made.  I'm sure it was not an easy one.  As much as I love my sports/teams, the Yankees, Rangers and Giants, I am not a jock. lol I loved to play sports when I was a kid, but I was not good. lol

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 16,484
Registered: ‎10-04-2011

Re: Baseball Talk 2017 season, all are welcome!


@gracie2014 wrote:

@dmod My sister went to Northeastern! She lived with my husband and I until a room opened on campus...she was a transfer in from Hollins, a small women's school in Virginia.


He is a recent graduate..........not sure about your sister. Sometimes, the world is a small place.

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 16,484
Registered: ‎10-04-2011

Re: Baseball Talk 2017 season, all are welcome!

[ Edited ]

@Drythe wrote:

@dmod wrote:

Hi @Drythe welcome!     Your Sox have the same record as my Yankees.   Our boys have to get used to playing together.  Yankees have lots of new kids.  I'm getting used to lots of new names too.

 

Good luck to your White Sox. 

 

My son lives in Chicago and his neighborhood's team are the Sox.  I hope to get to the stadium this summer when I visit. 

 

 


@dmod

 

Well, I CAN say that my team is not at the bottom of the league - yet!  2005 seems a long time ago!


I understand @Drythe.  Yankees have 1 win.  To say they are pathetic is to put it mildly.  I am hoping they gel and get better. If not, it's going to be a long year.   I do understand about the last championship feeling like a lifetime ago.   The Yankees manager, Joe Girardi, has been wearing #28, the number of the next championship, for YEARS!!!  *sigh*  It's been since 2009 they've not  won the WS. Smiley Sad

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.