Honored Contributor

Re: Baseball Talk 2017 season, all are welcome!

A Sox win was the cherry on the sundae after a wonderful night for Papi. Congrats on the Sox not getting distracted by the pregame stuff and winning it for Papi!! 

@chessylady   thanks for the post about the Giants . Locker room issues are so hard to fix......maybe even more than skill levels. Well, the half way point of the season is almost here. The Giants may sell and start the rebuilding sooner than expected. I hope so for you and their devoted fans.   I'm so happy you will be going to games.  There is nothing like seeing it in person. There is something magical about walking into the arena and seeing the field for the first time.  I hope the Giants win for you. 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

Yankees have a day game after a rain delayed (almost 2 hours), extra inning game. Yankees won!  I'm sure you all heard me late last night. LOL

Today, Tyler Austin is going to at first. Carter was sent down.  Cessa is on the mound again.  Fingers crossed for another win.

Tomorrow is Old Timers' Day. Pregame starts at 11:00 eastern.  Jorge Posada makes his first OTD appearance.  Paulie and Coney will be there too.

Paulie, Coney and Michael are in the booth. I LOVE this combo. They are so much fun to listen to.

Good luck to all our teams!

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

UGH, Yankees are back to losing big.  *sigh*

Cubs fans....https://www.theplayerstribune.com/anthony-rizzo-cubs-world-series-offseason-2017/?utm_source=fb&utm_...

Respected Contributor

Hopefully Old Timers Day will give them a boost tomorrow.  Will try to find a way to see it.  Yankees game was supposed to be on MLB but they now have the Red Sox-Angels game on the schedule.  Guess I'll be watching the Yankees on my laptop.  

Let's Go Yankees!!!!

“Do not think only of your own joy, but vow to save all beings from suffering.”
Dalai Lama
Honored Contributor

Yes, Old Timer's Day is here!  My favorite day of the year.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Munson.JPG

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I love how the fans are all dressed up in that photo.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Trusted Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

Munson.JPG

@VaBelle35

Awww, thanks for this pic!  I heard the announcers talking about it during the ceremonies today.  I have 2 Yankee jerseys, one has Thurman's number 15 on the back and the other has Mariano's number 42.

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone,

Old Timers Day was wonderful. It was so much fun to see the older players.  Unfortunately, the Yankees came up a  little short today. The Rangers won the series.   Big Mike did not have it.

The Yankees have lost 10 of their last 12............all to AL West teams.

I hope your team did better than mine.    Did your team win?

The Yankees will fly tonight to Chicago. They play the White Sox tomorrow. 

Shaking hands with @SoX.   Good luck to both our teams. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@dmod nj...

Hi, Donna!  ...  Wishing you and the Yankees good luck (fist bump).   Disappointed in the outcome of today's game ... we let the lead slip away ... again!

Yesterday's pregame retirement of Number 56 was awesome.   Mark Buerle's 9 year old son, Braeden, sang the national anthem ... just wonderful!  His daughter threw out the first pitch ... 85 mph ...  It's on Youtube ...

See you tomorrow night!