Honored Contributor

Re: Baseball Talk 2017 season, all are welcome!

@Barbara-QVC,  I read/heard only good things about him in the preseason. Exciting addition to the team!!  Fun for the fans to follow all season!

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21  I just wanted you to know I read the thread about the female broadcasters.   I did not want to respond there. I didn't  trust myself to say anything. lol  It might not be what I said, but the way I said it. lol    I did want you to know, ITA with your posts. Well said!! 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Respected Contributor

Hi to everyone on this baseball thread.  Sorry to be late in joining the conversation.  Plan to be here for the rest of the season.

Go Yankees!  They are not off to a great start but they will always be my team.

“Do not think only of your own joy, but vow to save all beings from suffering.”
Dalai Lama
Respected Contributor

Well, the rain in Chicago really put the kabosh on our opening series, let's hope we can play our second game today!!!  Matt Boyd v James Shields

Good Luck to all!!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

The Red Sox will be rained out today too, day game. They had a great win last night in 12 innings vs the Pirates. Walk off HR by Sandy Leon, a catcher who can actually hit.

Chris Sale made his regular season debut and he delivered. Oh how I love to watch him pitch, he works so quickly. That's my biggest pet peeve in baseball, slow pitchers. Grrrr...

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

Hi @jbinrwc, welcome to another year together. Heart

@redwingsgal was the game able to be played?

@Greeneyedlady21 Chris Sale is always a pleasure to watch.    I think there was a new rule, about how long the pitcher can take on the mound, this year.

Pouring rain here now.  If the Yankees had not played in Florida, there games would have been  rained out too.   No Yankees tonight.   They are heading north to Baltimore for tomorrow's game/series.

QVC Customer Care

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

@Barbara-QVC If Benintendi stays healthy and focused he's a big star in the making. Like everyone says, he's so poised and calm. Love the way he plays.

@Greeneyedlady21  I couldn't agree with you more!  

I was reading a article that was comparing this year's young outfield of Benintendi/Bradley/Betts to the incredible outfield of Rice/Lynn/Evans that we had back in the 70's.  It was very interesting to hear the praise that the the older guys were giving this young group!

Honored Contributor

@Barbara-QVC wrote:

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

@Barbara-QVC If Benintendi stays healthy and focused he's a big star in the making. Like everyone says, he's so poised and calm. Love the way he plays.

@Greeneyedlady21  I couldn't agree with you more!  

I was reading a article that was comparing this year's young outfield of Benintendi/Bradley/Betts to the incredible outfield of Rice/Lynn/Evans that we had back in the 70's.  It was very interesting to hear the praise that the the older guys were giving this young group!

@Barbara-QVC  Woman Surprised   Oh no, said the Yankees fan. lol   

Honored Contributor

@Barbara-QVC Yes I've read and heard those comparisons. I love all the "Killer Bs". So exciting to watch.

@dmod nj They've had the speed up rules since last season- they include walk up music, mound visits, etc. It just needs to be enforced. The pace of play is one reason baseball is losing fans. Unfortunately due to the lack of attention span these days.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

@Barbara-QVC Yes I've read and heard those comparisons. I love all the "Killer Bs". So exciting to watch.

@dmod nj They've had the speed up rules since last season- they include walk up music, mound visits, etc. It just needs to be enforced. The pace of play is one reason baseball is losing fans. Unfortunately due to the lack of attention span these days.

@Greeneyedlady21  I didn't notice a difference last year and didn't remember/ realize they were in effect.  lol  Where have I been?   "Killer Bs"?????   Holy moly, Woman Surprised said the Yankees fan. lol  Cute name.