Honored Contributor

Re: Baseball Talk 2017 season, all are welcome!

@dmod nj wrote:

@VaBelle35 wrote:

Greetings

I've been unable to get here for the last couple of days so I am behind in my Bryce Harper HR update.

#15 (for the fans in the cheap seats!)

https://www.facebook.com/Nationals/videos/10155034679985189/

@VaBelle35  Hi, Smiley Happy  You must have read my mind.  If you didn't show up by today, I was going to start to worry.  Glad you're back!!  Thanks for the update.  He is amazing!! Wow!!  You think he'll be in the HR Derby?

I think he has to be a lock for the Derby and would be the only reason to watch it.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

@dmod nj wrote:

@VaBelle35 wrote:

Greetings

I've been unable to get here for the last couple of days so I am behind in my Bryce Harper HR update.

#15 (for the fans in the cheap seats!)

https://www.facebook.com/Nationals/videos/10155034679985189/

@VaBelle35  Hi, Smiley Happy  You must have read my mind.  If you didn't show up by today, I was going to start to worry.  Glad you're back!!  Thanks for the update.  He is amazing!! Wow!!  You think he'll be in the HR Derby?

I think he has to be a lock for the Derby and would be the only reason to watch it.

I'm in the minority, I think, but I don't want any of my guys in the HR Derby.  Rumor has it, Aaron Judge, will be in the Derby.   No one from MLB has asked me for my opinion. LOL LOL

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

I wasn't sure what the weather was like in Baltimore today.  It is cloudy, damp and raw here in Jersey.  

I'm happy to see the game is on. I just got in and started to watch.  Montgomery is on the mound for the Yankees.  HIGH pitch count today.

O's are winning 3-1 in the 5th. Montgomery was just removed from the game. The bp comes to hold the O's. Let's hope our offense can get it going.

Waving hi to everyone. Smiley Happy 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Nats-Giants had a little bench clearing brawl today.

Harper and Strickland have a long-standing grudge as Strickland likes to intentionally hit Harper with the fast ball.

Babies.

http://mediadownloads.mlb.com/mlbam/mp4/2017/05/29/1441912283/1496098305599/asset_450K.mp4

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

Nats-Giants had a little bench clearing brawl today.

Harper and Strickland have a long-standing grudge as Strickland likes to intentionally hit Harper with the fast ball.

Babies.

http://mediadownloads.mlb.com/mlbam/mp4/2017/05/29/1441912283/1496098305599/asset_450K.mp4

Holy smokes.    Seemed intentional to me.  What do you think?  You know about  this grudge.

Thanks for sharing this with us. 

Any Giants fans reading?  What do you think?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Pitchers with big egos do not like hitters who hit home runs on them, especially key, game winning home runs.

When you are a good hitter and you are on fire, you get pitched around and occasionally hit (DELICATELY, well, for a pitcher) so as not to get the opportunity to hit a home run.

Hitting someone with your 98 MPH fastball is NOT COOL. 

Doing it TWICE needs to be dealt with.

Let's see what Joe Torre does here.  My guess is nothing.  Boys will be boys and it's good for the sport as long as nobody gets seriously hurt.

What is disturbing in other videos of the incident is Strickland having to be carried off by 4 players and fighting them all the way.

Dude has some problems.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

A little bench-clearing brawl?  Holy S***.  Harpie did not deserve that, though I kind of wish he had kept his cool.

Heck yeah, that was on purpose.  If he hadn't turned, that was on a track to, well, bust something.⚾️

Add:  Strickland acted like a madman after the incident.  Could have been the DC Strangler playing for the Giants (Papalbon).

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

Part of me thinks that Bryce is young (24), but he's been in the game since he was 18, so he's had 6 years to mature.

Strickland should know better.  Although he's only 28, so not much older.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Thanks so much for your posts, @VaBelle35 and @Sweetbay magnolia.  I think Strickland, who has a history of doing this, needs to be disciplined so it doesn't happen again.   But, once again, no one from mlb has called me for my opinion. LOL 

Yankees play the O's again tonight.  The weather here is damp, humid and misty.  Not sure what it is like in Baltimore yet. I have to check weather dot com.   @sunshine45  will the game get played tonight?

Honored Contributor

I broke down and listened to sports radio today while going to and from work.  It was 50/50 Harper/Strickland and Tiger.

Someone mentioned that yesterday was an MLB record for the # of batters hit by a pitch in a single day. 

One talking head suggested that the Giants get out in front of this and discipline Strickland themselves before MLB does it.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN