Honored Contributor

Re: Baseball Talk 2017 season, all are welcome!

@chessyladywrote:

Yes, I will join in. I will be at the SF home opener on April 3, also will be at the park on April 29th when we play the  Smurfs our "affectionate" name for the Dodgers.

Enjoy the home opener!!  You'll have to tell us all about it.  Smiley Happy

LOL Cute name for the Dodgers! LOL  

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

Yankees lost again today. I think that is at least 3 losses in a row.  Today, they lost to the Tigers, 8-3. 

Season opens in 9 days. 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Respected Contributor

I am so ready for baseball.   Unfortunately, my Texas Rangers don't show much promise.  No significant trades/additions.   They need pitching desperately and don't have it and didn't go out and get it.   But I have a single team MLB subscription so I'll be watching evey night.

On the other hand, the Texas Tech Red Raiders baseball team is ranked in the top five in the nation.   Not many of their games on here in Philly but I'll follow them.

And if all else fails, I have my second favorite that I grew up with, YANKEES that I can root for.   

In the meantime, Tech is in the Sweet Sixteen so hopefully they'll keep winning right up until the Rangers opening night next week.  Go Red Raiders!!!

Respected Contributor

@dmod njwrote:

Yankees lost again today. I think that is at least 3 losses in a row.  Today, they lost to the Tigers, 8-3. 

Season opens in 9 days. 

Don't forget, @dmod nj, this is only pre-season!!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Respected Contributor

@Bridgegalwrote:

I am so ready for baseball.   Unfortunately, my Texas Rangers don't show much promise.  No significant trades/additions.   They need pitching desperately and don't have it and didn't go out and get it.   But I have a single team MLB subscription so I'll be watching evey night.

On the other hand, the Texas Tech Red Raiders baseball team is ranked in the top five in the nation.   Not many of their games on here in Philly but I'll follow them.

And if all else fails, I have my second favorite that I grew up with, YANKEES that I can root for.   

In the meantime, Tech is in the Sweet Sixteen so hopefully they'll keep winning right up until the Rangers opening night next week.  Go Red Raiders!!!

@Bridgegal, may I ask what a single team MLB subscription?  And who is your provider?  Thanks

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

@Bridgegalwrote:

Hi @Bridgegal  so good to see you . Smiley Happy  I hope you join in the new baseball thread which will be up in a week.......Opening Day. 

I hope your Rangers do better than you think.  It is so hard to be positive in the face of losses. We've all been there and can understand. 

I would love for you to root for the Yankees.  They look pretty good!   

Good luck to your Sweet Sixteen team.  

I'm following my son's college alma mater in the Frozen Four. 

Respected Contributor

@redwingsgalwrote:

@Bridgegalwrote:

@Bridgegal, may I ask what a single team MLB subscription?  And who is your provider?  Thanks    

We're with Comcast but I don't get it from them anymore.  I get it from MLBTV.com and stream it via my apple tv.  The last time I got it from Comcast I think it was $250.00 but I got all teams.  I only want the Rangers and MLB has a single team subscription for about $80.00

Honored Contributor

Yankees/Twins on ESPN this afternoon. 

Respected Contributor

@Bridgegalwrote:

@redwingsgalwrote:

@Bridgegalwrote:

We're with Comcast but I don't get it from them anymore.  I get it from MLBTV.com and stream it via my apple tv.  The last time I got it from Comcast I think it was $250.00 but I got all teams.  I only want the Rangers and MLB has a single team subscription for about $80.00

Thanks!  I will look into that (errrrr, have DH look into that!!!)

Honored Contributor

@dmod nj You need to start the 2018 season topic  ☺

Thursday!

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"