Trusted Contributor

Re: Baseball Talk 2017 season, all are welcome!

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

I read that J Lo was lobbying on Instagram for ARod to get the manager job. How embarrassing. I don't think that would have worked out well.

@Greeneyedlady21

Puh-leez.......J-Lo's having a vision!!!  Lol

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Honored Contributor

@cancun08 wrote:

@dmod nj wrote:

Yankettes, I hope Cashman sees something I don't.   I'm going to have faith............................

@dmod nj

Cashman and his buddy Hal better be able to pull a rabbit outta there hats, cuz this ain't  gonna be pretty if they don't.  Now, if (more like "when") Robbie T leaves, there will be a new coach and bench coach that are basically unfamiliar with this team.  I'm  gonna be sick.  Not even into the new year and I need Maaloxitinis already!!!!

@cancun08I was thinking the same thing about a new coaching staff with minimal experience, trying to navigate the Yankees system and trying to coach  young kids.  

Found this article which explains  a theory..............

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/aaron-boone-gives-yankees-a-manager-brian-cashman-can-mold/ar-B...

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

I read that J Lo was lobbying on Instagram for ARod to get the manager job. How embarrassing. I don't think that would have worked out well.

@Greeneyedlady21  ITA, would never work out. He needs to stick to tv. 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21  thinking of you. Heart

Honored Contributor

@dmod nj You're the best. This weekend was really tough for me, I put up some Christmas decorations including the new tree. It was really hard to hold it together in front of my Mom. Put them all up for her but knowing it will be our last time well words can't even say. We did the Nativity together and it was so hard to not just fall apart.

The tree is much more glitzy and decorated than the photo shows. So no ornaments. I love it. My Mom only likes traditional trees so I didn't think she would like it. But she said she loves it.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

@dmod nj You're the best. This weekend was really tough for me, I put up some Christmas decorations including the new tree. It was really hard to hold it together in front of my Mom. Put them all up for her but knowing it will be our last time well words can't even say. We did the Nativity together and it was so hard to not just fall apart.

The tree is much more glitzy and decorated than the photo shows. So no ornaments. I love it. My Mom only likes traditional trees so I didn't think she would like it. But she said she loves it.

I know how overwhelming this is for you. You are doing so well. Trying to make this holiday all your mom would want it to be will sustain when she is gone.  You'll have no regrets.  

I'm glad your mom likes the new tree!  If you are both up to it, take pictures.  She may not look the same, or her hair is not perfect, etc., but the pictures will help you  in your future, believe it or not. 

One day at a time.  Hang in there.   Remember to take care of yourself too. 

Heart

Honored Contributor

The Yankees have announced that Larry Rothschild will return for an eighth season as Yankees pitching coach in 2018.

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21how are you doing?  

Honored Contributor

@dmod nj Thanks. Having to shovel on top of everything else isn't fun. I'm going to swallow my pride and ask some neighbors for help. Everyone keeps to themselves where we live. We were going to move to a condo, wish now obviously that we had done that last year when she would have been able.

But last year I felt like I was still recovering from the previous year. I went to therapy. I also felt daunted by the fact that all the move would have been on me too.

I have a bit of a cold and I still don't sleep well. I appreciate your kindness so much, it helps.💜 My Mom had kind of a down weekend, slept quite a bit and wasn't her best mentally. That's the way it's going to go and I understand that. The nurse is talking about possibly switching her to their VNA for now. Mostly so she can get blood work done, also because she's doing better than hospice level now.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Trusted Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21

You and your mom are still in my prayers.  Take care. 

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~