Honored Contributor

Re: Baseball Talk 2017 season, all are welcome!

[ Edited ]

I'm not as crushed about my Yankees not moving forward as I was about the Nationals only because the Nationals were basically one of the top teams all year with a 16+ game lead at certain points in the season.  As I said way back in March, the Nats peaked too early and didn't get closing pitching until the All-Star break.  I blame the loss squarely on ownership and the bullpen.  I think blaming Dusty when no other manager of this team could get it done either means it's not the manager.  

The Yankees forced their way into the playoffs and made it interesting.  I think they will be unstoppable next year.

We have seen the future of the New York Yankees and it is very bright.

DMs96XPW0AACDCm.jpg

Pitchers and Catchers report around mid-February.  Only 4 months away!

This has been a most enjoyable 8 months chatting with you all.  I will see you on the 2018 thread ;o)

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

I'm not as crushed about my Yankees not moving forward as I was about the Nationals only because the Nationals were basically one of the top teams all year with a 16+ game lead at certain points in the season.  As I said way back in March, the Nats peaked too early and didn't get closing pitching until the All-Star break.  I blame the loss squarely on ownership and the bullpen.  I think blaming Dusty when no other manager of this team could get it done either means it's not the manager.  

The Yankees forced their way into the playoffs and made it interesting.  I think they will be unstoppable next year.

We have seen the future of the New York Yankees and it is very bright.

DMs96XPW0AACDCm.jpg

Pitchers and Catchers report around mid-February.  Only 4 months away!

This has been a most enjoyable 8 months chatting with you all.  I will see you on the 2018 thread ;o)

Looking forward to next year!!  Only 158 days until Opening Day, 2018.

Straight forward and honest commentary about the Nats, @VaBelle35.  I wish them well next year.  

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

http://web.yesnetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20171022&content_id=259332866&oid=36019

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

The Red Sox hired Astros bench coach Alex Cora to be their new manager. He played for the Sox for four seasons, I always liked him.

I don't know if I'll even feel up to watching any of the WS. I feel so sad looking at the beginning of this thread, back in April when it was Spring and full of hope and possibilities. Life changes so quickly. I remember watching Opening Day back then with my Mom.

When I went to the hospital today I told her the Yankees had lost last night and didn't make it to the WS. She smiled.😊 She had a traveling nurse from Ohio, I had to explain the Red Sox Yankees thing to her.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

The Red Sox hired Astros bench coach Alex Cora to be their new manager. He played for the Sox for four seasons, I always liked him.

I don't know if I'll even feel up to watching any of the WS. I feel so sad looking at the beginning of this thread, back in April when it was Spring and full of hope and possibilities. Life changes so quickly. I remember watching Opening Day back then with my Mom.

When I went to the hospital today I told her the Yankees had lost last night and didn't make it to the WS. She smiled.😊 She had a traveling nurse from Ohio, I had to explain the Red Sox Yankees thing to her.

Hi @Greeneyedlady21  thanks for the update about the new Sox manager.  Much luck to Alex Cora! 

I would have loved to hear you explain the Red Sox/Yankees thing to her. LOL  

If I remember correctly, your mom is coming home tomorrow, Monday.   Just wanted you to know I am sending good thoughts and prayers your way.  Heart

I'll be back here for Tuesday's game and to check if there are any updates from you. 

Contributor

SHOWING THE ASTROS SOME WORLD SERIES LOVE!

Honored Contributor

@dmod nj and anyone else of all the wonderful women who have supported me here.I need some advice/opinions. I've already had so many issues at this hospital. I don't sleep well anyway, you know how that goes. One reason being since she went in there and got progressively worse and just waiting for that call if it happened.

Last night a nurse called me at 11:20 just to tell me they were moving her to another room. Again. Fourth room. She says so you won't be surprised tomorrow. That couldn't have waited until this morning? What time did they think I would be there today? I  wonder if they were actually moving her at that time of night. If so really not right imo. Guess they needed her nice private room, now she's back in an old one again and probably not private.

I think such a call was insensitive and inappropriate, under the circumstances of my Mom's condition. They called me one night at 9 last week to tell me she fell trying to get out of bed and the nurse said my Mom must have shut off her own bed alarm! I reported her. I've called the patient advocate so many times and I want to do it again about this call last night.

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 Heart  it was my experience, if a hospital/facility knew the family was involved, caring, loving, interested, they called anytime with any updates.  That is a double edged sword for the reasons you posted.  

As far as the room move, moving her that late doesn't seem right. 

Maybe she was moved because she is going home today.? Insurance?  

Before saying anything, ask.  Many times, we were updated on my mom's conditions later in the evening, but the actual non life threatening events occurred earlier. Once it is documented, the later shifts made those update calls.  Maybe it was the same for your mom? 

We did notice, like in any profession, some nurses were better than others at handling patient incidents.  We got many calls  about pulled out IVs, bed alarms, trying to get out of bed, etc. Sometimes, it was because of a bump or bruise resulting in her actions. The tone of the majority of the calls were to just to update us. I don't remember too many calls, from the different hospitals/facilities over the three year journey, that were nasty or impatient.   My mother was a difficult patient, at home and at a facility. 

So today, she is coming home with you. I'm sure you are scared, anxious, relieved............and many other feelings.   All you are feeling is normal! 

Please reach out to anyone/everyone connected with her care for help. Hospice was a huge help to us.  Please don't try to be superwoman with her care.  You'll get burned out quickly. 

If you have the energy, update us today.  You know you have our prayers, thoughts and hugs. I wish we lived closer, I'd help you. Heart

Honored Contributor

@SuperShopper wrote:

SHOWING THE ASTROS SOME WORLD SERIES LOVE!

Hi @SuperShopper  glad you joined in. Smiley Happy

One more day.............please join us tomorrow. Smiley Happy 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dmod nj I did call the patient advocate, she just called me back and said they were just trying to improve communication with me. I'm at the breaking point, there's no excuse for the insensitivity and I told her so. I told her I'm at the point where I think it's a revenue generator, that they're trying to put me in that hospital and that I'd rather die than be in there. I've gotten a sum total of two phone calls when she's been there. One last night and one about the fall in which that nurse blamed my mother for her own fall...as if she was in the mental state to turn off that alarm. Not a single call from a doctor, nothing. I've been there every day but Saturday, I was just wiped out and couldn't do it.

It was totally necessary and justified, the sum total of these two plus weeks and what I've had to call about and what has happened while I've been there would just leave you speechless. I'm the only advocate my mother has so I have to do it for her. They have zero regard for the stress that they cause.