Esteemed Contributor

Re: Baseball Talk 2017 season, all are welcome!

@jbinrwc wrote:

@cancun08 wrote:

@dmod nj

If you did have a football thread, we really would get along just fine.  I am not a hockey or basketball fan.

Now......back to the Yankees.....grrr...how to blow a game!!!!

Welcome to the Hot Mess Express!!!

I watched to the bitter end.  And it was bitter.  Betances blows another one.  They need to try another closer.

This can be said for most of the season for my Mets!! Woman Frustrated But I'm a fan through and through Heart - and will probably get to a game on their final homestand.

Honored Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

@jbinrwc wrote:

@cancun08 wrote:

@dmod nj

If you did have a football thread, we really would get along just fine.  I am not a hockey or basketball fan.

I watched to the bitter end.  And it was bitter.  Betances blows another one.  They need to try another closer.

This can be said for most of the season for my Mets!! Woman Frustrated But I'm a fan through and through Heart - and will probably get to a game on their final homestand.

Another Met fan for life, blue and orange, Heart

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Esteemed Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

@Ibby114 wrote:

@jbinrwc wrote:

@cancun08 wrote:

@dmod nj

Another Met fan for life, blue and orange, Heart

@JaneMarple The final homestand is a really nice t shirt on the 22nd, and an awesome fireworks night the 23rd!!!  Tickets are a giveaway on stubhub right now. I hope we finish up on a positive note! tug-mcgraw.jpg

Honored Contributor

Good morning, Smiley Happy

I so enjoyed seeing @Ibby114 and @JaneMarple here.  As everyone knows, I root for Mets, as long as they are not playing the Yankees.  Growing up,  I was a Wayne Garrett, Tug McGraw, to name a few, fan!   @Ibby114  I hope you go to the final games.  I sure hope they win for you!!    Thank you for posting the Tug picture!  Smiley Happy   

@MarLoCat  congrats on the Sox win!  With that win, the Yankees remain 4 games back.   

@VaBelle35  yes, it is too soon.  I would not want to jinx my team. lol  Silly, I know. LOL LOL  Sit tight......hold your breath for the remaining games.....they will NOT blow it!!  

Yankees play at 1:30 today.  It is the make up game from last night.   Pitchers remain the same.   

Hope you all have a wonderful Thursday! Smiley Happy 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

I'm the opposite  @dmod nj. I root for the Yankees as long as they aren't playing the Mets. I'm in the minority here in Massachusetts in that I'm hoping the Yanks win the AL east.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JaneMarplehow brave of you to root for any NY team, being in Massachusetts! I went to college in Boston (near Fenway Park) and downplayed my love for the Mets. I had a few knick nacks with me- my Mr Met plushie, and that's about it. I wanted  to stay safe and complete my degree in 1 piece!! Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

I was born a Met fan and my first favorite player was Tommie Agee.  I had a signed photo of him.  He was the a star playing in the late 60s when I was in elementary school.

So they will always have a special place in my heart.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@VaBelle35 wrote:

I was born a Met fan and my first favorite player was Tommie Agee.  I had a signed photo of him.  He was the a star playing in the late 60s when I was in elementary school.

So they will always have a special place in my heart.

@VaBelle35 There was never a better outfield than Tommie, Cleon and Ron!! Heart  That's when I became a Mets fan- also elementary school. Girls were swooning over David Cassidy & The Partridge Family. But I  had a crush on Art Shamsky !! 

Honored Contributor

Art.jpg

David.jpg

I was all in for David!

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

Art.jpg

David.jpg

I was all in for David!

Such a funny reply @VaBelle35!! Woman LOL