Respected Contributor

Re: Baseball Talk 2017 season, all are welcome!

Red Sox Win 5 - 1 Blue Jays

Boston Red Sox

~A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words~
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

I totally forgot about this thread:

We watched the Yankee game on Saturday and left for dinner during the 8th inning, by the time we got to the car the score was tied.

All throughout our dinner I kept checking the score and we got back to the car just in time to hear the Yankees win the game.

I am glad I was not home to watch the game I would of sweated each pitch

Hi @I am still oxox  good to see you.   Many of us did sweat every pitch. lol  It was nerve racking. 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

@MarLoCatcongrats on the win, Soxettes!  Wow, after playing all those extra innings last night, your boys come through again!!

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Esteemed Contributor

@dmod nj wrote:

@SoX, what can you tell us about the players traded to the NY Yankees?    How were they playing? 

@dmod nj 

Hey, dmod ... well, not much ... I haven't really been up to snuff this season, as I'm juggling a bathroom remodel brought on by health issues that are consuming much of my time these days. 

I'll have to ask my "Sox expert" son about his thoughts on the matter.

Honored Contributor

@SoX wrote:

@dmod nj wrote:

@SoX, what can you tell us about the players traded to the NY Yankees?    How were they playing? 

@dmod nj 

Hey, dmod ... well, not much ... I haven't really been up to snuff this season, as I'm juggling a bathroom remodel brought on by health issues that are consuming much of my time these days. 

@SoX  ((((gentle hugs)))) I'm sorry to hear you are dealing with health issues.  My wish is that whatever you are dealing can be easily remedied. I wish you easier days ahead. Heart    

I hope you are ok after last night's storms. 

Honored Contributor

Hi everyone, 

Hotter than hades in Jersey today.  HUMID, as well.  UGH. 

Yankees are in Seattle for a series with the Mariners.   

Severino and Hernandez are the starters. 

The game is on MLB for out of market. 

The Yankees are 4.5 games behind the 1st place Sox.

Any M's fans reading?  

Tell us about your team's series. 

Esteemed Contributor

@dmod nj wrote:

@SoX wrote:

@dmod nj wrote:

@dmod nj 

@SoX  ((((gentle hugs)))) I'm sorry to hear you are dealing with health issues.  My wish is that whatever you are dealing can be easily remedied. I wish you easier days ahead. Heart    

@dmod nj  ... 

Donna, thanks so much for your well wishes.   I'm to have a knee replacement and then, if all goes well, one hip replacement ... funny how the body wears out but the mind (thank goodness) stays intact. 

Since it's so difficult for me to get into my high tub, we're doing a long awaited total bathroom remodel, taking out the tub and replacing it with a walk in shower with bench, grab bars, dual shower heads, the works.   It's costing a small fortune but it's necessary.

That rain last night and early this morning was a real gully washer ... I remember you son lives here now so I hope he also made it through safely. 

Honored Contributor

@SoX wrote:

@dmod nj wrote:

@SoX wrote:

@dmod nj wrote:

@dmod nj 

@dmod nj  ... 

Donna, thanks so much for your well wishes.   I'm to have a knee replacement and then, if all goes well, one hip replacement ... funny how the body wears out but the mind (thank goodness) stays intact. 

Since it's so difficult for me to get into my high tub, we're doing a long awaited total bathroom remodel, taking out the tub and replacing it with a walk in shower with bench, grab bars, dual shower heads, the works.   It's costing a small fortune but it's necessary.

That rain last night and early this morning was a real gully washer ... I remember you son lives here now so I hope he also made it through safely. 

@SoXI wish you an easy recover and energized rehab for your knee and hip.  Family/friends have had them over the years, all did well,  are active and THRILLED it was done.  I hope it improves your pain/discomfort level and gets you back to doing all you love to do.  And.................the bonus is a beautiful new bathroom. lol 

I have not spoken to my son today. I  know from your local weather reports, he was  in the path of the RAIN!!   

QVC Customer Care

@MarLoCat wrote:

@Barbara-QVC...

Good Morning & 15 Innings Later Hanley Ramirez Hits a HR & the Red Sox Win 5-4

Red Sox Awesome!

Thanks @MarLoCat!  Our boys sure are logging in a lot of playing time here lately!  I was hoping for a better outcome this afternoon.  I am not sure why Fister is still in the rotation now that Eduardo Rodriguez is back from the DL.  We don't seem to have much luck when he takes the mound.  Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

Waving hi to dmod and other Yankees fans on the East Coast.  The game is just about to start in Seattle.  A late one for you.  I'll be cheering for all of us.

Let's Go Yankees!!!!!!!!!!

“Do not think only of your own joy, but vow to save all beings from suffering.”
Dalai Lama