Honored Contributor

Re: Baseball Talk 2017 season, all are welcome!

I'm ready, wearing this shirt

thumb.jpg

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

((((((((@redwingsgal )))))))   Keep the faith!  Hang in there.

Yankees start a series with the Rangers tonight.  Darvish and Tanaka are on the mound. The game is on YES and MLB for out of market.

Let's hope this homestand series is better than the last one.  They Yankees only won one game with the Angels.

The Yankees start this series tied for first with the Red Sox.

The Rangers are in 4th behind the Astros.

@Bridgegal are you ready!?!?

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

I'm ready, wearing this shirt

thumb.jpg

@Greeneyedlady21  you look great!!   Enjoy tonight's festivities. Please post any highlights so the rest of us can see it.

Congrats to Papi and the Soxettes!!

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dmod nj Did they show it on MLB Network? 

My favorite part was Pedroia saying that he is not a friend or teammate, that he is family. He said that Ortiz didn't mean 500 home runs or his other achievements, he means love...that's how he made them feel. Ortiz started crying and said the little guy got him. That's when I started crying too, cause you just don't expect that from Pedroia. But it was straight from the heart. Very touching. They are two very different personalities.

Pedro Martinez was there-he implored the Red Sox to meet with Papi when the Twins released him, and the rest is history.

The Boston Children's Choir did the Dominican  and American National Anthems. I will never forget when Papi became a citizen, he always talks about how much this country means to him. A wonderful immigrant story. 

Papi's Dad was there too. His mother died many years ago in a car accident in the DR.

He was in the NESN booth and said his favorite career moments were beating the Yankees 😄

062317-mlb-david-ortiz-boston-red-sox-number-retirement-ceremony-pi.vadapt.767.high.0.jpg

Honored Contributor

DDC76ylXsAA5klY.jpg

Respected Contributor

http://media.necn.com/images/620*465/David+Ortiz+Drive+Sign+Monica.jpg

~A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words~
Respected Contributor

My SF Giants have been a major disappointment this year. But how can you complain about a team that has brought home the world championship in three of the last eight years? Go Giants, beat Mets tonight!

Honored Contributor

Thanks so much @MarLoCat and @Greeneyedlady21 for the pictures and posts.  

I just walked back in the door, so I'm not sure if it was on MLB.  I know it was being streamed on FB.  My gf texted me about it.  I might be able to see it on the Red Sox FB page.

Hi @chessylady, Smiley Happy  I've heard there are some issues with the Giants this year.  Do you think things will get better as the year goes on or is this  a rebuilding year?

Respected Contributor

Red Sox 9 vs Angles 4

Red Sox

Good Night Red Sox!!!

~A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words~
Respected Contributor

dmod, I think there may be undisclosed locker room problems, Johnny Cueto intimated that it was not a happy team. He is opting out after this year. I think the Giants will have to deal and acquire sooner rather than later. Time to rebuild. On the bright side, I will be seeing the team play in person in July and August for the first time. I will see a Phillies game and a Marlins game. Can't wait!