Respected Contributor

Re: Baseball Talk 2017 season, all are welcome!

Red Sox 8 vs Royals 3

Red Sox 1st in American League East

Red Sox Awesome!

~A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words~
Honored Contributor

Hi everyone,

Yankees lost their 7th in a row last night.  How special!!  GRRRRRRR!!

Tonight, they are playing the Angels again. Score tied in the 4th.

Michael Kay and Al Leiter were talking about the baseballs being different this year.  This was confirmed by MLB.  I don't know how they are different, though. I came in on their conversation. Maybe some else knows??? 

LET'S GO YANKEES!!

Scherzer had a no hitter going to the 8th and ended up losing the game. Smiley Sad

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

THE YANKEES FINALLY WON A GAME!! WOOHOOOO!!

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Respected Contributor

@dmod nj...Congrats on the Yankees Win & Back in 1st in American League East...

!!! New York Yankees !!!

Honored Contributor

@MarLoCat  thanks Smiley Happy  First place is a bonus.  I'm sure all our teams will be in and out of 1st place all season long.  I was just so happy to win a game and stopped  the bleeding! lol

The AL East is so tight!!  I enjoy the season so much more when it is tight, competitive and every win means something!

Good luck to everyone's teams today.

Yankees play the Angels tonight.  The game is on WPIX.

Chavez and Severino are the starters today.

Fingers crossed for another win!

Chapman threw his fastest pitch of the season last night...102 mph.  Looking good! Glad he is back.

Judge confirmed he was asked to join the Home Run Derby.  UGH!

Respected Contributor

ITA agree @dmod nj, I hate when my players take part in the ASG or any of the shenanigans revolving around it!!

We hit a season high 5 game losing streak last night.  

Even though we lost, Seattle still broke the Cardinal Rule of a no-hitter.  NEVER BUNT!

I cannot wait to get back to "real" time!  This west coast trip is killing me and my Tigers!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

@redwingsgal wrote:

ITA agree @dmod nj, I hate when my players take part in the ASG or any of the shenanigans revolving around it!!

We hit a season high 5 game losing streak last night.  

Even though we lost, Seattle still broke the Cardinal Rule of a no-hitter.  NEVER BUNT!

I cannot wait to get back to "real" time!  This west coast trip is killing me and my Tigers!

@redwingsgal I think you and I are the only ones who think like this. lol

Respected Contributor

Big Papi’s jersey number will be retired June 23. His No. 34 will join 10 others on the right field facade.

Big Papi

https://cbsboston.files.wordpress.com/2016/10/ortiz-retire-number.jpg?w=628

Honored Contributor

@MarLoCat@Greeneyedlady21 and all the other Soxettes, enjoy the ceremony.  Congrats to Papi!!  It will be an emotional, fun night, for sure. 

Check out MLB for the game, and hopefully the ceremony, for those out of market. 

Respected Contributor

Dropping like a rock   

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it