Honored Contributor

Re: Baseball Talk 2017 season, all are welcome!

hi yankee fans and @dmod nj.....not too happy about the score right now in the 5th inning, but welcome to birdland!

birdland1.jpg

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

white sox

Sorry to to be late.  New manager, lots of new players - got to figure out an almost new team.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Super Contributor

Red Sox fan, looking forward to seeing how they do this season!

Honored Contributor

Hi @sunshine45  congrats on the win and staying undefeated.   I fell asleep watching the game. When I fell asleep, Yankees were winning.  Woke up this morning and was NOT happy.

*shaking hands* May the best team win tonight.  

Today's game is at 4:00 eastern on YES  and FS1. Tanaka and Gausman are the starters. 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

Hi @Drythe welcome!     Your Sox have the same record as my Yankees.   Our boys have to get used to playing together.  Yankees have lots of new kids.  I'm getting used to lots of new names too.

Good luck to your White Sox. 

My son lives in Chicago and his neighborhood's team are the Sox.  I hope to get to the stadium this summer when I visit. 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

Hi @gracie2014 welcome. There are quite a few RSox fans that post here. I always love when our teams play one another. It's always fun and exciting.

Super Contributor

Hi @dmod nj My Red Sox better get their act together...I mat just have to take a trip to Boston and have a chat with my guys, lol..My niece went to Boston College and landed the job of ushering at their games...she loved it!

Respected Contributor

Hi to all baseball fans who are watching their teams on this first Saturday of the new season.

Yankees are in Baltimore leading the O's 2-0 at this point.  Holdingmybreath after the O's came from behind to win last night.

Let's go Yankees!!!!!!!!

“Do not think only of your own joy, but vow to save all beings from suffering.”
Dalai Lama
Honored Contributor

@gracie2014 wrote:

Hi @dmod nj My Red Sox better get their act together...I mat just have to take a trip to Boston and have a chat with my guys, lol..My niece went to Boston College and landed the job of ushering at their games...she loved it!

Hi @gracie2014  do you live in the general New England area?    How special for your niece.  What a great way for a fan to make money and be a part of a season!!

My son went to Northeastern University. When he lived in his first dorm, if he went to the roof deck  and it was a clear night, he could hear the cheers from Fenway, especially during the playoffs.    He is not a baseball fan at all.  It was lost on him. lol   His friends, some local, were very excited. lol

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Hi @jbinrwc, Smiley Happy

It's only the 4th, Tanaka has 52 pitches, and the Yankees are ahead by 1.   This team is testing my patience already..............and we are only a few days into the season. LOL  Starters were not going deep. The bp is going to be worn out by the AS break and the offense needs a jump start.   I am not happy.  Can you tell? lol