Honored Contributor

Re: Baseball Talk 2017 season, all are welcome!

He was drafted by the Montreal Expos as a catcher. Judging by this throwing motion, well he picked the right sport.

GettyImages-664143118.jpg

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

@redwingsgal wrote:

My Tigers are in ChiTown today!!!  

I have a much better feeling than last year at this time, all of those ridiculous trades that were spoken about at season's end last fall did not happen!!!  JV, Miggy and VMart are all back!!  Unfortuneately, Alex Avila is also, but I guess when Daddy is the GM, you are always guaranteed a job...

Just my opinion, the Cubs deserved to open at home as they are the Champs.  They should not have had to start on the road.  JMHO

Hi @redwingsgal wishing the Tigers good luck!!  Are they wearing a patch in honor of their recently deceased owner?    ITA with you about the Cubs and starting on the road. 

I see the game was postponed. I'm guessing the weather did not cooperate.  I have not spoken to my son today, so I have no idea if I  guessed correctly.

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21  LOL  I think so too.

Soxettes, I see the Sox won!! Congrats!

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@dmod nj wrote:

A special shout out to all the Mets fans today! Good luck with your home opener.  

Your team is the one to beat in the NL East according to the experts/pundits.

@dmod nj: Thanks! We won today! The Mets have the highest winning percentage on Opening Day (about 64%) than any other team in the history of baseball. Hard to believe, but true.

IMG_3775.JPG

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

Hi @handygal2, congrats on the Mets dominating win!!  Wow, I did not know that about the Mets and the winning %. 

Valued Contributor

@cody2 We love opening day so we were at the game.

We could not believe the pitcher got 2 home runs. He also walked once.

Did you know He actually hit the very first home run of the season.

It was a very fun game. It gave us D-Backs fans a little hope. Last year was so bad!

“We should be too big to take offense and too noble to give it.” Abraham Lincoln
Honored Contributor

@azgal while watching one of the preseason shows on MLB network, the D-backs was one of the improved teams.  They "experts" were speaking very well of the team's improvements!   I hope they are right.

Welcome, please don't be a stranger.Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

That's good to hear. One of our new guys hit very well. 

“We should be too big to take offense and too noble to give it.” Abraham Lincoln
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

woooohooooo

opening day and the Os had to go into extra innings with the blue jays......and we had a single home run in the bottom of the 11th! TRUMBOOOOOOO

its a WIN on day one! it sure was a pretty day for some baseball!

baltimore-loves-the-birds.jpg

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45  not only a win, but a win over the Jays.  Nothing will bring O's fans and Yankees fans together like a win over the Jays. lol Smiley Happy  Congrats on the win!!

Tonight's Yankees game starters are CC and Odorizzi.

Good luck to everyone's teams. Smiley Happy