Trusted Contributor

Re: 🏈 Antonio Brown (Bucs) 🏈

As an avid Steelers fan I have seen AB's behavior for years. In my opinion, the man has some serious mental health issues. And this was before his two concussions. It's sad that his family or loved ones can't encourage him to get some help. Or maybe they have and he just won't listen. I just hope nothing horrible happens to him or someone who's with him. Something is not right with him.

Honored Contributor

I agree that sports teams should not put up with stunts like that from highly paid people who act out in public.  There's just no call for that. 

Honored Contributor

@NEvans2 wrote:

As an avid Steelers fan I have seen AB's behavior for years. In my opinion, the man has some serious mental health issues. And this was before his two concussions. It's sad that his family or loved ones can't encourage him to get some help. Or maybe they have and he just won't listen. I just hope nothing horrible happens to him or someone who's with him. Something is not right with him.

Yeah, I agree. He's always been a few cards short of a full deck. That's been the case long before he got concussed. As to the painful injury, he looked pretty pain-free as he danced his way off the field.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

Brown was told when the Bucs signed him that he would have no second chances...one incident and he would be gone. They followed through with that. He went to see drs not associated with the NFL. He has been cut by two teams before he even suited out or played...plus several others in the past; he is a problem and no team really needs the baggage he brings with him, whether it is from being hit in the head or just being a jerk. If he has legitimate head injuries, he should retire. If he is just a behavior problem, he needs to find another line of work. He should have enough millions to tide him over. 

Honored Contributor

AB doesn’t realize there is only so much krap people will put up with.  Apparently he thinks he has a lifetime pass.

Hope he is out, but wonder if he will find a way back in.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

word on the street is is that my ravens MAY be interested in him for next season.....we will see.......

it would be nice to know which story to believe...or which parts of all the stories to believe.

if there IS something wrong with him, i hope he is able to get the help he needs......mentally and or physically.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

For those  stating AB was always problematic search timeline of his behavior online and there were no incidents until after those 2016 head injuries!!!  He was fine when he was on Dancing with the Stars before that season and was praised for his work ethic!

Honored Contributor

He has mental health issues, I wish some people would speak about that here in a far less disparaging stigmatizing way. But it's par for the course on these forums.

I also believe he could definitely have concussion and CTE related issues.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

I'm a long time football fan, but the fault really lies with the teams that will hire any player if they are talented. It doesn't matter if like AB they have problems or they are wife beaters, drunk drivers, and felons in general. It makes me sick, they will trade integrity for possible wins, so don't complain when it blows up, you asked for it. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@Pook wrote:

Antonio Brown had a severe head injury could be the cause of his mental issues.  He was not like that before.

Why is nobody in the NFL seriously seeing this as a probable cause?

"In 2016, Brown suffered a serious concussion after an illegal hit from Vontaze Burfict of the Cincinnati Bengals. A year later, he then sustained a severe helmet-to-helmet impact the Bengals' George Llhka, per New York Magazine."

Because Antonio makes up stories. He played for Pittsburgh 8 years and was a pain then. Don't feel too sorry for him. i just hope no other team picks him up, he's a loser like Kappernack, would rather not hear about either one again. He was concussed, never heard anyone say , he has a severe head injuries. These million dollar babies have the finest  Doctors in the world. I would like to think he loves attention.