Reply
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,456
Registered: ‎03-11-2010

Re: ANYONE WATCHING THE US OPEN GOLF?

OH DEAR, I found it. My, my goodness.

Valued Contributor
Posts: 617
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: ANYONE WATCHING THE US OPEN GOLF?

Stopped watching when Jordan Speith was eliminated.  Poor kid is having a rough patch.  I hope he gains his confidence back.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,534
Registered: ‎05-12-2012

Re: ANYONE WATCHING THE US OPEN GOLF?


@indoor kitty wrote:

@Nananana59 wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

Something else.....


i know what happened with phil....what else am i looking for....


@Nananana59, go to the website  Awful .Announcing.


uh oh....found it....now i wish i hadn't!!

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,456
Registered: ‎03-11-2010

Re: ANYONE WATCHING THE US OPEN GOLF?


@Nananana59 wrote:

@indoor kitty wrote:

@Nananana59 wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

Something else.....


i know what happened with phil....what else am i looking for....


@Nananana59, go to the website  Awful .Announcing.


uh oh....found it....now i wish i hadn't!!

 

 

 

@Nananana59, my thoughts exactly. I was going to warn you "not" to go looking. Ha! 

 

I may regret I even started this thread. Gonna go have a glass of wine and try to get that "bad taste" from that video out of my mouth and mind. Lol. Bye.


 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 15,196
Registered: ‎11-25-2011

Re: ANYONE WATCHING THE US OPEN GOLF?

It was live!  I can’t imagine how the delay didn’t pick that up!

And until the end, there were audible delays whenever someone

came up to tee.  My sports guys were stunned this was done.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 13,347
Registered: ‎07-25-2010

Re: ANYONE WATCHING THE US OPEN GOLF?

I like the LPGA tour better. I have a hard time watching the PGA tour because all they want to talk about is Tiger Woods.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,534
Registered: ‎05-12-2012

Re: ANYONE WATCHING THE US OPEN GOLF?


@pupwhipped wrote:

@Nananana59 wrote:

@indoor kitty wrote:

@Nananana59 wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

Something else.....


i know what happened with phil....what else am i looking for....


@Nananana59, go to the website  Awful .Announcing.


uh oh....found it....now i wish i hadn't!!

 

 

 

@Nananana59, my thoughts exactly. I was going to warn you "not" to go looking. Ha! 

 

I may regret I even started this thread. Gonna go have a glass of wine and try to get that "bad taste" from that video out of my mouth and mind. Lol. Bye.


 


very disturbing for an old lady like me to hear.....think it's time to watch sesame street reruns!!

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,824
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: ANYONE WATCHING THE US OPEN GOLF?

@pupwhipped

 

I couldn't agree more & I'm not even a "golf" fan!  I just said to hubby oh my at least when Faldo is on there is some color to the commentary....

 

and as bad as they are playing -- with this Joe Buck (who is about as exciting as watching grass grow!) as commentator -- takes me back to when the "nuns used to run their finger nails on the chalkboard to get our attention!!!"

 

ugh....

Valued Contributor
Posts: 869
Registered: ‎05-09-2014

Re: ANYONE WATCHING THE US OPEN GOLF?

I thought today was just awful. The greens were so fast and it was windy, the holes were cut way too close to the slopes for the conditions of the course, every putt seemed to roll 40 ft in every direction to prevent par. Hardly championship golf, IMO.

 

Joe Buck is very dull and no other announcer made it exciting or interesting.   Just complained about the bad playing and unfortunate greens. The truly vulgar audio goof that Fox let in to be broadcast was only one step worse than the screaming hooligans at every hole, losing their minds like high school sophomores.  All sound was at risk to pick up more bad language than just hoots and taunts from a rowdy gallery. I turned off the sound and just watched the hapless golf. 

 

Its hard to approve of a guy taking a two stroke penalty with a deliberate type of cheating move just to get a hole over with instead of playing with decorum and skill in the face of utter frustration. I once thought better of Mickelson, but he was out of bounds today breaking a rule to save strokes and effort. 

 

Overall, this tournament was a bust today. I’ll watch for a while for the final round, but will then happily tune to Yankees baseball and relax watching a different sport of hitting a ball with a stick!

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,456
Registered: ‎03-11-2010

Re: ANYONE WATCHING THE US OPEN GOLF?


@homedecor1 wrote:

@pupwhipped

 

I couldn't agree more & I'm not even a "golf" fan!  I just said to hubby oh my at least when Faldo is on there is some color to the commentary....

 

and as bad as they are playing -- with this Joe Buck (who is about as exciting as watching grass grow!) as commentator -- takes me back to when the "nuns used to run their finger nails on the chalkboard to get our attention!!!"

 

ugh....


 

 

@homedecor1, Ditto!