Respected Contributor

THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE ARE IN DOWNTOWN ST. LOUIS TODAY FOR THE STANLEY CUP PARADE. THEY ARE PARADING TO THE ARCH. BIGGEST CROWD EVER FOR A PARADE, BIGGER THAN WHEN THE RAMS WON THE SUPERBOWL HERE. PEOPLE STARDED GATHERING LAST NIGHT FOR THE NOON PARADE TODAY !  UNBELIEVABLE ! GO BLUES ! .   

Respected Contributor

A well-deserved "Congratulations" to the team!  They certainly worked hard this season!

Honored Contributor

Congratulations!  From a fan who witnessed our sea of red last year with our beloved Caps.  An awesome feeling, isn't it???  Again, congratulations to St Louis!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: A SEA OF BLUE TODAY!

[ Edited ]

Estimates of over 500,000 plus in downtown-many camped out over night and thru some terrible storms we had early this morning.  St. Lous has been partying since the Blues won.   And the players are giving it back to the fans-they have been partying with the fans since they got off the airplane.  Newscasters are wondering if any of them have even taken time to sleep as the parties are popping up all over town, day and night, and the players are showing up.  The crowds are having a great time and everyone seems to be behaving.  If you are watching the parade, as they  cover festivities at the Arch, you can see the flooding Mississippi River in the background.  This has allowed many people to blow off some steam instead of worrying about the floods in our areas for a bit.  The players are getting off the floats and rides to sign autographs for the fans and shaking hands.  Even if you are not a hockey fan, you can't help but to get caught up in the excitement.  Many past Blues players are also in the parade, Bernie Federko, Brett Hull, etc.

Honored Contributor

Congratulations to the Blues and their fans!  I was rooting for you!

Contributor

We couldn't make it downtown, as we have a graduation party to attend but we've been watching the parade on t.v.  The excitement in St. Louis is absolutely fantastic!!!  We are so happy for the team, the fans and the city!!!  Lets Go Blues!

Esteemed Contributor

Pulling for the Blues from across the state -- happy for family who are huge fans. Always a boost for a city to get a professional sports championship.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

Most of my life has been about hockey, and in all aspects of the game. Fan/player/referee, ran my own adult league for 52 years. 

The very 1st Blues Team was made up of many players from our defunct local Central Hockey League(CHL) Team. Starting from the goalie out(Peter McDuffy) and including the Plager brothers, Barclay and Bob. The BIG man on their Defense was Noel Picard.

Was really happy to see them go "all the way" finally. They had, and have a lot of great players don the Blues Jersey,  including The Great One himself, Wayne Gretzky. They just couldn't quite make the top, but now they have topped their mountain.

To the fans, enjoy this because it is, in my opinion, the hardest Trophy to win in all Professional Sports. Congratulations to every single player, and the whole staff that was/is an integral and very important part of the team's success.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor

So happy for the Blues and St. Louis! Unfortunately I live in Nebraska now but was a season ticket holder in the great Brett Hull days and even got the privilege of being there during Gretzky’s brief time in Blue. Glad the team will finally get respect especially after their final game got the highest rating for viewership showing this Midwestern team has national draw! I am 68 but would of loved to be on Market St. drinking Bud and cheering for them during the parade.