Honored Contributor

If your a Mets fan you should see this documentary on ESPN, it's excellent!

Honored Contributor

I love those 30 For 30 series.  My favorite is BROKE!

Smiley Surprised

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

I love those 30 For 30 series.  My favorite is BROKE!

Smiley Surprised

I watched the one on O.J. Simpson that was excellent. 

Esteemed Contributor

I saw the previews and it looked excellent - I'll have to check the schedule!!!!

Honored Contributor

I watched this doc and it just saddened me. How they both squandered their talents. The Mets should have won another World Series with that 86 team, and Doc and Darryl should have been Hall Of Famers but they threw it all away. 

Honored Contributor

If you want to catch this doc, I think it's on tomorrow at 3:30 p.m on ABC. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: 30 For 30 Doc & Darryl

[ Edited ]

I just bought the episode  on Amazon Prime- best $1.99 spent !  It was very moving- sad for what could have been. Darryl seems to be in a good place in his life, giving back seems to be the thing that's keeping him clean and sober.  I didn't get the same feeling about Doc though. Man Embarassed Addiction is a powerful thing.

Spoiler

Honored Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

I just bought the episode  on Amazon Prime- best $1.99 spent !  It was very moving- sad for what could have been. Darryl seems to be in a good place in his life, giving back seems to be the thing that's keeping him clean and sober.  I didn't get the same feeling about Doc though. Man Embarassed Addiction is a powerful thing.

Spoiler

@Ibby114 I'm just glad someone else saw this excellent documentary! I agree Darryl seems to have gotten his life back on track. Doc seems like it's still a struggle for him and he could be pushed into using again. I just thought their stories were so sad. I wish them both the very best.

Honored Contributor

I watched it. It was well done!!  

Addiction has such a powerful hold...........

ITA about Doc Smiley Sad  and Darryl. Smiley Happy

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

Re: 30 For 30 Doc & Darryl

[ Edited ]

I live in NYC and like to listen to a sports radio station, WFAN. There is a host, Joe Beningo (not sure of the spelling) and he is a huge Mets fan. Anyway a couple of days ago he was to interview Doc and Darryl together. I didn't hear the interview but yesterday Joe spoke of how Doc was a no show (no explanation). Joe thought Doc didn't look good in the doc that was recently on (I also thought he didn't look good). Joe asks Darryl, who seems to have straightened himself out, do you think Doc is going to make it? Joe said it took Darryl a good minute or minute and a half to respond, he was choked up (I don't know what he said). It just saddens me how someone so talented with such promise still struggles with addiction. I really hope he can turn his life around like Darryl has. I just read an article in today's New York Daily News (I would post a link but I don't know how) addressing him missing this interview and that people are worried for him.