Honored Contributor

Re: 2023-2024 NHL season, all are welcome! Spoilers, scores...

@redhead handbag queen  lol lol   A Jersey Girl is NOT like the RHONJ. They are trash!  Fun trash to watch, but trash. lol 

A Jersey Girl stands up for herself,  stands up for others, especially underdogs, she takes no poop when the other person is WRONG.....all the things you posted about are some of the criteria. 

I don't know how to explain it better, but my gf came up with something.   She said, people here are very kind and sweet, like vanilla.  You are like Mexican chocolate, sweet but with a bit of spice. LOL LOL  

I miss living in Jersey very much. It's beautiful here, but it's not home.  How long have I lived here?  Five years. LOL  LOL  It's  not like I  moved yesterday. 

Okay, I'm rambling..............lol

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

@redhead handbag queen  can you share the story of the bf without getting too specific? 

Game 2 is tonight.   Oilers vs Panthers. 

n hl.com/news/nhl-projected-lineup-projections

LET'S GO OILERS! 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dmod nj I started dating him on Memorial Day weekend, in the middle of August I called him from a club my girlfriend and I were at and he sounded "funny" so we drove over to his apartment which was blocks away, he used to work as a bouncer at the club we were at. We sat in the parking lot and could see his apartment and watched him get into bed with another woman, the fiancé. We were laughing at the time, because she wore glasses to see far away and we were sharing them to see better. (I can still pass my driver license test WITHOUT my glasses, LOL) To say I was ticked was an understatement. But I stayed with him another TWO WEEKS to get him talking about her. I got her name and that they went to school together, to become psychologists, of all things. On Labor Day weekend I looked HER up and brought a bag of the stuff he left at my apartment. She was so upset, I explained I didn't know about her, anyways HE called while I was there. We both knew it was him (before caller ID) because he called at the same time of day. She was too upset to answer, so I did. He kind of stuttered a bit, so I said not sure what number you called? He called me a few names, I said I'm dropping your poop off so I never have to see your sorry butt again, other words of course. Oh and you might want to invest in some drapes you jack butt. THEN in November he called me and wanted to go out, I couldn't believe it. I laughed and this is where he went wrong, he told me I'd never do better than him. I just let loose, I told him I'd never let his sorry butt in my bed again because he was the worst lay, and he smelled, I advised him to get that checked Woman LOL. Being celibate would be my choice but lucky for me I met Mr. Red and he showed what a real man was like and I hung up on him. The DJ on the radio said the advice about his BO was what won it for me. LOL (I always wondered if he or she heard it, I never found out) Oh well

Which was true, three weeks after I dumped this guy I met Mr Red. When my sister's want to, let's say "get" someone, they come to me, LOL The one I'm closest with just told me last week, she said "I'm good, but you are next level evil" The one that is on my list now is Mr. Red's old boss, it won't be a full take down, but just enough to be shall we say inconvenient. LOL

This sota girl says pop, duck, duck, gray duck and loves tater tot hotdish
Valued Contributor

@dmod nj  @redhead handbag queen   I was laughing at your driving stories because it reminded me of a funny incident I saw on C-SPAN back in the 80s.

The House was going to have an important vote on some issue and speaker Tip O'Neil was not yet in the Capitol.

One of the representatives got up on the mic and announced that the Speaker had phoned and informed them that he was just leaving for the Capitol building, and even though he was about 40 minutes away they shouldn't fret.

His driver was from Boston so they would be there in 5 minutes.

Honored Contributor

@redhead handbag queen *bowing down to you* You are my hero!!  I LOVE the way you handled that situation!   Perfection! TY for sharing it. Smiley Happy  I don't want to get on your bad side. LOL    How fitting....after dumping his patootie, you met Mr. Red!  Perfect timing.   

Honored Contributor

@781Florist  are you saying Boston drivers are in a special class all by themselves? LOL LOL   

Having driven in your city many times, I would have to say, YES, YES, YES!!! LOL LOL   Honestly, no different than other city driving. 

The first time we went to visit our son at school, we were driving on Huntington Ave.   After getting through a bit of traffic, pedestrians darting out, car doors opening, and drivers weaving in and out (typical city stuff), our son, from the back seat, said, "Mom and Dad, you'll just have to get used to the Masshol*s when you visit." LOL LOL   

I, recently, was in the car with him. We were reminiscing, and I was reminded of that first visit back to his college. I reminded him of what he said.   We had a  good laugh.I reminded him, now that he lives there, he is one of them too. LOL LOL   He agreed! LOL LOL 

I love your city and its burbs!  

Recently, we visited the North Shore area....Rowley, Ipswitch.  Just beautiful!   I'd love to go back in the fall. 

Honored Contributor

Who is ready for game 3 in Oiler country?  Will the Oilers solve the Panthers?  Will the Oilers win a game on home ice?   

I'll be watching and rooting the Oilers on!  

Honored Contributor

Well, holy smokers!   Saturday's game is win or be swept for the Oilers.  

Good luck to the Oilers.    Come on boys, you have to win one at home!  Let's do it.  You can't get swept. 

Florida Panthers fans, good luck!  

I hope to be home in time to watch tomorrow.   

Will the Panthers sweep?   Will the Oilers win one at home?   Stay tuned....................

Trusted Contributor

If the Oilers get swept, I feel for them.....but If my Mavs get swept, I don't know what I am going to do. Cannot sulk since I am having a Housefull this weekend. Maybe have a pillow fight with grands to let out my frustration, and I will not let them win. Haha. I don't expect to win 4 games now, Boston is clearly the better team.....but Please Please Please...just win Mav's.. No Celtic sweep!!! I will have a few grands all next week. I cannot be grumpy granny. Smiley Happy. Happy Father's Day to all the dads.
Honored Contributor

@yellowrose good luck to your Mavs tonight.   I feel for the Oilers, as well.  I hope they win one at home.  I don't want to see them get swept on their home ice.   

Enjoy the weekend with your family.  Happy Father's Day to your hubby and sils. Smiley Happy