Esteemed Contributor

Re: 2022-2023 NHL season, all are welcome!

@dmod nj 

Glad this was caught with audio of their short conversation. As everyone saw during the event in the NFL with the Cardiac Arrest. All players come together as one when one is seriously hurt. 

Most in professional sports respect each other. That doesn't mean that are best buds, or even like each other, even guys on the same team. They do this for a living, and they love the sport. Everything is off once the puck is dropped. 

Knowing what goes on when on ice in skates, there is always something around your feet at some point. How Maroon didn't know this is easy to understand. Even watching it knowing it is going to happen, it is hard to tell unless you watch in slow motion.

Never did a pro game, but high school travel teams, you would be shocked how much some players on opposing teams despise their competitors. What is said waiting for a puck drop??  And it isn't always said between players, the one dropping the puck gets an ear full also. Can imagine what is said by some of the pro players.

Thanks for the link Donna,

hckynut 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynutjohn  John, I bet you could write a book about what you heard and saw. I'd read it for sure!  You make a good point about players, even on the same team, not liking one another.   It's like any other work situation, there are people you like, some you don't, but respect and working toward a goal is what should be the orders of the day. 

I LOVE when the players are mic'd  up!  It gives me an insight into what they are thinking, what is said and maybe why.   I know you've heard it all, but for me,   it's interesting. 

I LOVE sports. I loved playing sports, but I was NEVER good enough to make a team.  So, all the inside information is so interesting to me. 

My pleasure, you're very welcome. Smiley Happy 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/nhl-joseph-brothers-get-called-for-matching-penalties-in-hilarious-...

https://www.nhl.com/news/2023-nhl-all-star-game-fan-vote-winners/c-340185526?tid=277549086

I feel so bad for him. Smiley Sad 
https://www.nhl.com/news/max-pacioretty-injury-status/c-340220200

Good luck to all our teams today! 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Valued Contributor

My Bs are heading north to play our arch nemesis Canadiens tomorrow, and then have a positively brutal 4 game road trip against the Lightning, Panthers, Hurricanes and Maple Leafs.  Sheesh!!  They will need an all-star break after that!

Tonight I am sending best wishes to the Rangers, Isles and Stars.

@redwingsgal .....I wonder if the people in Detroit are as confused by the Wings as I am from my distant vantage point.  I saw them against Toronto and they looked pretty good against a league powerhouse.  Then they lose to the Coyotes and the Jackets, two teams having a lot of trouble this year....then beat the Knights and fall to the Flyers.

Very schizophrenic!!  I wish they would catch fire and catch the Caps for a playoff spot.

I'm not a big Washington or Ovechkin fan, and it's not too late for the Wings  to turn it on and turn it around!

Honored Contributor

You're welcome, John, my pleasure.  I love listening in on the mic'd players. 

@781Florist good luck in the next stretch! That is a brutal part of the schedule!  I have no doubt, your boys will do well.  

You make great points about the RW. For a while, the Rangers were doing the same thing. I think they are okay for now.  Also not an Ovi/Washington fan.

Devils pulled out another exciting, nail biting win, last night, against Vegas.  With seconds to go, the Devils tie it.  In OT, Dougie Hamilton scores the winner!  Fun to watch. Even more fun to see my son's face. Heart We were skyping while watching. 

Rangers beat the Panthers the other night, 6-2.  Tonight, they play the Leafs in Toronto. The game is on TNT at 7:00 eastern 

The late game on TNT are the Blue Jackets in Edmonton.  @loveschocolate   Good luck to your boys tonight. 

New All Star events  https://www.nhl.com/news/2023-nhl-all-star-skills-adds-3-new-events/c-340363636?tid=277549086

Good luck to all our teams!

Respected Contributor

Glad to see the Sabres put my Spartan up in the rafters in Buffalo!  Way to go Ryan!!

I am glad that you are seeing what I am suffering through, @dmod nj .  We beat the better teams and lose to the cellar dwellers.  We currently cannot put a streak together to save our collective lives.  As of now, currently 8 points out of WC, which should be no problem IF we beat the teams we should beat!

Tonight we are in Montreal (love an Original 6 matchup any day) and Saturday we are in the Big Apple to face the Isles.  We SHOULD beat the Habs, and MUST beat the Isles if we want to be taken seriously this year.  Most of our injured players are back, so this is the time!

After our game tomorrow, we get our "vacay" next week

Good Luck to everyone's teams!   LGRW

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Respected Contributor

Well, we got the win in OT last night v Habs.  Tonight is a big test, in NYI (I assume they play in MSG, right @dmod nj ?)  We MUST win these types of games

The Dads/Mentors were there last night and will travel to NYI tonight.  I always love these games bc they remind me of me and my Dad going to the old Olympia stadium to watch the "Dead" Wings of the 70s

Good Luck to everyone's teams as we go on our annual vacay!  LGRW

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Esteemed Contributor

@redwingsgal 

Glad to see your Wings got the win in OT. Now my Rangers! One of the shortest OT's I have ever seen. Unfortunately, the Leafs scored it. But!

The Faceoff/Win/Shot/Goal,  by Chytl(Heetal) was a rare thing to see. Loved it, and he got both Ranger goals.

Was a good game overall, just came up a little short, but every point counts.

hckynut 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

@hckynutjohn  and @dmod nj  I saw the shot on SC, agree, it was awesome!

Sure don't see that every day!

Honored Contributor

Hi everyone, 

Sorry to be missing in action. I was busy getting my home and life ready for company this week.  We have family staying with us for the week.  

The Rangers and Devils went on the AS vacation with wins!  

Good luck to all our teams playing until Wednesday, I think???? 

https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-all-star-game-rosters-announced/c-339555028?tid=277549086