Valued Contributor

Re: 2022-2023 NHL season, all are welcome!

[ Edited ]

Well....Everybody's favorite, Auston Matthews shattered my dream of going 81-1-0 this season.  Kallgren was great in the net for Toronto.

Matthew's second goal was a very Phil Esposito-like crease poke in that would have been much more appreciated if the stick had been attached to a black and gold shirt!

Hope they can start another good stretch when the Blues come to the Gah-den on Tuesday.  It is a tough week coming up, Flames and suddenly scary Sabres.

Whoa!  Wings and Rangers coming up on a home-and-home this week!!  

dmod and redwingsgal will be hitting the Tums hard!

Honored Contributor

That loud explosion you all heard, regardless of where you live, was my men after the Devils won their 6th in a row and swept their road trip!  

They have the best record in the Metro division and they are savoring the feelings. lol 

Rangers play today at 5:00 eastern.  They are hosting @redwingsgal  and the RW!   Shaking hands and sharing my Tums and Maaloxitinis with you. LOL 

Congrats to the RW, Stars, and Flyers  yesterday! 

Good luck to all our teams! 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Respected Contributor

Just popping in to shake hand with my buddy, @dmod nj .  We are down 2-0 at the end of the first!

Good Luck to all Rangers fans!  

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

@redwingsgal  congrats on the win!

Halak played well enough for a win, but his teammates didn't help him out.  The RW did exactly what they are supposed to do. Rangers didn't. 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

https://nypost.com/2022/11/06/gerard-gallant-already-against-the-clock-to-find-rangers-identity/?utm...

I'm not sure how Bruins fans feel about this, @781Florist  but as a hockey fan, I was happy. 

https://thehockeynews.com/news/boston-bruins-part-ways-with-mitchell-miller?fbclid=IwAR1NaZWBn5K63PY...

Valued Contributor

@dmod nj 

Apparently the Bruins players were not very happy with the signing, and the media was critical as well.  I do understand the logic behind the initial signing, because a 14 year old is often immature, ignorant, self-obsessed and just plain foolish enough to commit any number of heinous crimes.  Supposedly, we are a society that does not make a kid pay for the rest of his life for a mistake they made when not fully formed, but in this case the Bruins did not seem to do their due diligence and check out whether this kid owned hs mistake, repented for his mistake, and apologized for his mistake before attempting to 

move forward in life as a responsible adult.  He was signed based on those requirements, and I hear he did not fulfill them.  A bad apple , not just a dumb kid.

Honored Contributor

@781Florist  I agree with your post. He has not shown any remorse or maturity, as well. . I'm pleased Bergeron and Marchand spoke out against the organization's decision.  

I'm also glad, once presented with some current evidence/information, the Bruins made another decision. 

I'm not sure what career you chose in life, but you are a wonderful writer!  It's like you read my mind, but put it in writing so much better than I ever could hope to do. 

Respected Contributor

Thanks, @dmod nj .  It was a great game.  We are playing lights out and are on a three game win streak.  The team honored the 1997 Stanley Cup team over the past weekend and we won all three games!

Nik Lidstrom is "officially" on the staff now, apparently a scout concentratring in Sweden!  How great is that?!

Way to go Stevie!!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

@redwingsgal  smart move to have Nik on the team! 

Tonight, the Flames visit Jersey!  The Devs have a 6 game win streak on the line. 

LET'S GO DEVILS! 

The Rangers host their rivals, the Islanders, tonight. 

I hope the Rangers have worked out their issues. I hope Kreider does not end up on the 4th line again.  

100 Let's Go Rangers ideas | new york rangers, rangers hockey, ranger

Good luck to all our teams tonight. 

Let's hope we'll all be happy tonight with our team's play! 

Honored Contributor

Last night was another loss for the Rangers.  

Crying Emoji Images – Browse 47,948 Stock Photos, Vectors ...

Devils won again!  They are fun to watch!  So happy to see the kids doing well! 

Clapping Hands Emoji (U+1F44F)

@redhead handbag queen  what is going on with this kid?  Not a smart move. 
https://www.hockeyfeed.com/nhl-news/kirill-kaprizov-axe-chops-drew-doughty-s-face-gets-tossed?fbclid...

https://www.nhl.com/news/kirill-kaprizov-fined-5000-for-actions-in-minnesota-wild-game/c-337397716

Last night was not a good night for many of us! Oy vey!

Tonight, TNT, 7:30, Pens at Caps. 

The later game is the Wild at Ducks!  Let's go Wild! 

Good luck to all our teams! Smiley Happy