Esteemed Contributor

Re: 2022-2023 NHL season, all are welcome!

@dmod nj 

Something is going on with this Rangers team, what, I am not sure. The chemistry is just not there like it was last season. Why? Something is amiss in their locker room, and giving Reeves away for a 5th round pick, sure didn't help it any.

As soon as the Oilers scored early in the 3rd period, I could feel the game slipping away. Not sure why he put Panarin on that 1st line, it just made both lines worse. 

Part of the problem is they rely to much on Shesterkin to win them games. Goalies seldom score, and when his guys are spending too much time in their D-Zone, and too many give aways?

Really disappointed in the quit that seems to be in this team. They best figure it out, and soon.

hckynut 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@redhead handbag queen wrote:

TY @redhead handbag queen   Yes, Murray did that in the Devils game. I'm sure you heard my son and hubby SCREAMING  about it.  I hope the officials keep on eye on him if that is his new trick to win games for his team. *rolling my eyes* 

@dmod nj 

and I'm sure you heard hubby and I screaming too. Woman LOL Three times that were sooo obvious, and isn't it ironic that Fleury had no trouble with either net. Woman Frustrated We don't play until Thurs but I missed todays game (getting flu shot) so I get to watch that.

Hope eveyone had a good Thanksgiving.

I got my flu shot a while back.  I got no reaction. I hope the same for you. 

I did hear something..................I thought that was Mr redhead. lol   

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

@hckynutjohn  John, everything you posted is exactly what the local hockey peeps have been saying.  Something is off. 

Some have even gone as far as saying, Gallant should be fired to spark this team.  Many are calling for Trotzy to be named coach.  

ITA, they rely on Shesty way too much...........reminds me of them relying on Hank too much, for far too long. 

Time is running out for them to figure it out before it becomes a lost season. 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

Hope you all had a wonderful holiday and weekend.   We did......and it's back to "normal" here. 

Tonight, the Devils visit MSG to play the Rangers.  My home will be ROCKIN' tonight.  With the way the Devils have been playing...........and the way my Rangers have been playing...............I'm not accepting any bets from my men. LOL LOL  I'm not stupid. LOL 

@fairydogmother good luck tonight in Buffalo.   Make sure your boys pack thermal underwear. lol 

@redwingsgal  the Leafs are coming to Detroit tonight.   Be ready for Murray to knock the goal off its moorings. That seems to be his new trick to win games for the Leafs.

Knights visit Columbus. @loveschocolate   Good luck to your boys.  

@yellowrose  your boys visit St. Louis. Good luck!  I know you were traveling for the holiday. I hope you're home safely. 

Good luck to all our teams! 

Who is still eating leftovers? Smiley Wink 

Honored Contributor

https://www.bladeofsteel.com/Leon-Draisaitl-disrespects-the-New-York-Rangers-proving-trading-Ryan-Re...

Esteemed Contributor

@dmod nj wrote:

https://www.bladeofsteel.com/Leon-Draisaitl-disrespects-the-New-York-Rangers-proving-trading-Ryan-Re...

@dmod nj 

Says it all to me. Been around hockey long enough to know this nonsense. Problem is there are players like Wilson running around that don't care who they hurt. He knows nobody can match up with him. All for a 5th round and Carpenter in his place on the 4th line that has accomplished what?

Better skaters and passing the puck doesn't make a team better, and that's all I see different about the 4th line.

Whoopeee!

hckynut 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Valued Contributor

Holy smoke you guys!  Your teams are all in action tonight (some playing each other's !)

and the Bruins are in another three day off stretch.  I suppose it is a good thing, since the upcoming games are Lightning, Avs, Golden Knights, Panthers, Kings, Islanders........

with a Coyote break tucked in there for a relief.  Some of these tough ones include home and home games.  Ouch!   It looks like we will get to see whether the first two months have been a mirage or if there really is a reason to skip along Causeway Street this year.

@redwingsgal ...I am really hoping your guys can throw the boots on the Leafs tonight.  They are getting to within 5 points of my Bs, even though we have 2 games in hand.

Valued Contributor

@dmod nj wrote:

https://www.hockeyfeed.com/nhl-news/ryan-reaves-shows-up-his-new-teammates-at-practice?fbclid=IwAR3V...

So I watched the game from yesterday and the annoucers said the Fleury said he's the new guy so I wanted to give him one to make him feel welcome. Yeah, right. Reaves said Fleury the only one he could score on. too funny

This sota girl says pop, duck, duck, gray duck and loves tater tot hotdish
Respected Contributor

Well, we sure did NOT, @781Florist !  I was watching first period, so far, so good.  Missed the start of second and when I came back it was 4-1 already!  Lelonde pulled Husso and put in Nedeljkovic-at least he stopped the bleeding

@dmod nj , I would have loved to have Gallant (if NYR are done with him), but for now, and I cant believe I am saying this, I will keep things as they are here in Hockeytown!  We are winning-mostly-and losing some, but I have all the faith in Yzerman!  

Haven't been around much, I was pretty sick most of November, they think I had RSV.  Not sure as I was told by my doctor NOT to come into office!  I get it as it is very catchy and there has been a high number of cases around here but mostly children.  I am back to about 89% now!

@yellowrose , I am still planning on my "bithday trip" to Dallas to watch my beloved Wings!  The game is Dec 10.  As long as the weather holds, I should be there!

Good luck to everyone's teams-LGRW

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

Hi everyone, 

Last night was just UGLY!  The Rangers played the Devils.  The Devils won.  My men were happy.  I apologize to anyone who heard my potty mouth last night.   What a hot mess the Rangers are right now.   

https://nypost.com/2022/11/28/igor-shesterkin-ashamed-of-his-play-in-latest-rangers-loss/?utm_source...

@781Florist your boys are resting up to take on those tough teams!     I have no doubt, at the end of that stretch of games, your team will do just fine. They are a force this year! 

@redhead handbag queen LOL LOL  Both men have great senses of humor!   

@redwingsgal  I'm sorry to hear you've not been well but are on the mend. *spraying Lysol just in case Smiley Wink
I hope you are able to attend the game! I know your big day is not too far away.  Fingers crossed the weather cooperates!  I, so, want you to go and cheer on your RW! 

Tomorrow, the Rangers are in Ottawa. 

Crossing Fingers Emoticon Stock Illustration - Download Image Now - Fingers  Crossed, Emoticon, Luck - iStock

Good luck to all our teams!!