Honored Contributor

Re: 2021 NHL season, scores, news, spoilers; all welcome!

@hckynut wrote:

My Blueshirts just can't seem to play the full 60 minute games. Leads/ties or 1 goal behind, almost all seem to be lost on their "will to win". Playing a great game for 50-55 minutes mean little, if the remaining time is spent coasting, both physically, and mostly mentally.

I could go through mental mistakes made by their best players that were the beginning of the losing of several games. You expect the best from the best, and unfortunately, that is not consistently happening.

Mistake you expect from the young players, new to the NHL speed of the game. Seasoned veterans making just plain DUMB penalties, at critical times, can't be excepted by the coaching staff. "Sit them out" and try to get them to reflect on why they are losing so many 1 goal games, ahead towards the end, or behind.

One position that is not in any way responsible for the loses is the goaltending tandem. They have played solid enough games for the stat sheet to reflect higher numbers in the W Column. 

Scoring goals, while important, should not be the main focus of this team. Needless undisciplined, untimely penalties, I see as much more important. Mental mistakes are part of learning to play at the NHL level. Undisciplined/Untimely penalties by seasoned veterans? 

ETA: @dmod nj 

No, I had not heard about the DeAngelo situation. He is a very skilled and tough player for sure. I just watched the Saturday game last night after I got home from my skating. What I said above points right at that game.

I told my wife during OT, that Z and Panarin, could barely move because of their time on the ice. Unless one has skated long enough during a game, Ref or player, it can't be understood that when "your legs are gone", just standing on blades is not easy.

After reading this I agree with the Organization, without team chemistry by even 1 player, can destroy a team.

Just thought of this. Last season the Rangers were deciding between keeping DeAngelo or my Omaha born D-Man, Neil Pionk, who was a starter with the Winnipeg Jets. Dang, I wish that had went with the ther #44, now #4.

hckynut

Hi John, @hckynut 

Finally a win! The big boys stepped up, the young ones did well...........and it seemed to come together for them. 

You are so right about the miscommunication and the heavy legs the other night. Every local pundit blamed the mistakes, lack of discipline on the older players for the chaos.  

They spoke about the chemistry and how one bad apple.......etc. 

Tony had a good season last year, but with him comes baggage.  The Rangers took the chance on him............and it didn't work out.  Pionk, from what I know, is successful with his new team!   

This is the presser about Tony and JD's and the GM's reasoning. 
https://www.nhl.com/rangers/video/jd-gorton-press-conference/t-277437422/c-7392966

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

@hckynut https://nypost.com/2021/02/02/rangers-showed-odd-affection-in-tony-deangelo-banishment/?utm_source=t...

Lots of local talk.................

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

@yellowrose , congratulations on the win! The Blue Jackets were annihilated. 🤦‍♀️ 

Trusted Contributor

@loveschocolate  Oh good, we won.  Thank You.

I forgot to check the score last night.

Respected Contributor

Current losing streak at 7 games, got thrashed by the Bolts last night.

Come on, Stevie Y, lace em up!!  We need you!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

@dmod nj 

As always, thank you for the links. I get your notifications, but!  The reason I don't get back to you is because?  

Since I DVR all the games, actually every single show I watch, on tv. Going into the Sports Forum I invariably end up seeing scores of games before I have watched them.

Because my wife likes to watch them together, and her Pet Sitting Business, at times that can be a couple or more games later. During the early months of the virus, she had very few jobs, but of course there were no hockey games.

Now she is getting more jobs, yesterday she left for an 8 day job, so! Just me and the furry ones. Not sure how many games there will be in that time, but I know there is 1 tonight.

Anyways, just wanted to let you know why I don't get back to you on the links and comments when you "notify" me, for long periods of time. When I haven't watched games I never open the Sports Forum. Wellness Forum I do, so far no hockey scores there.

Thanks again Donna,

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

No worries, John. @hckynut   I remembered!  Smiley Happy    I'm glad your dear wife is pet sitting again. I wish she lived closer, I'd hire her  for my girl. I KNOW she would be in good hands.   We are very lucky with our pet sitter, but it would great to have her here. Smiley Happy 

@redwingsgal  I watched the game last night. My heart hurt for you.   Fingers crossed better days are ahead. 

@yellowrose still not able to watch games? 

@loveschocolate waving hi. Smiley Happy   

@FlyersGirl I was rooting for your boys last night.   UGH!  

Rangers play the Caps tonight at MSG! 

@yellowrose   @loveschocolate   your boys play one another tonight.   Good luck to both your teams. 

Good luck to all our teams! 

Hope you are all well and keeping safe and healthy! 

LOTS of snow here all week. Today was bright and sunny! So enjoyed being out in the snow with my pup! 

Honored Contributor

@dmod nj , I miss "Bread" so much! Love to watch him play! 

@redwingsgal , I watched your game also. Heartbreaking! We have the Stars and Tampa Bay in our division this year. But, I am glad to see Detroit, the Preds and the Blackhawks once again in this division. 

@FlyersGirl @hckynut , waving hello 👋!

@yellowrose , I'm not hopeful for my team tonight against your boys, but who knows.....miracle? Good luck to both teams. Elvis is hurt. Yikes 😬!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
Trusted Contributor

@loveschocolate   Elvis wasn't in the building?  Seems it worked out good for ya. Smiley Happy

Congrats on the win.  I just checked to see how the game was going, and it's already over. Must have been an early start.

Noooooo @dmod nj  I still haven't been able to see a game, and I'm beginning to think I need to ditch youtubetv.  Leaving in the morning to go out of town for a few days, but when I get back I need to research other options and maybe switch.

Happy Weekend and Good luck everyone on your games......unless you are playing my team.

LETS GO STARS!!