Trusted Contributor

Re: 2021 NHL season, scores, news, spoilers; all welcome!

STARS.....when oh when will we have our first face off

of the season????  Yet another delay.  No game on

Tues. Now it's Friday.

Hope everyone has a beautiful weekend.Woman Happy

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@yellowrose So sorry to read that the Stars have another delay. Hoping that everyone will be safe and well once the season starts. 

Flyers had another good game last night. Happy for the win, but honestly, the Pens played better and were a lot faster out there. Flyers need to get into a groove and up their speed. Also concerned about Sean Couturier, who injured his shoulder in the early minutes of the game and is scheduled for MRI today. And I was happy/sad as Travis Konecny got his first NHL hat trick last night, but the only hat thrown on the ice was Gritty's. (Fans are planning to celebrate and throw hats for him at the first "fans permitted" game, whenever that will be).

Next game on Monday vs Sabres. 

EDITED TO ADD: Just found out that Sean Couturier is out 2 weeks with a rib injury. Woman Sad

https://twitter.com/i/status/1350267463745884160

Honored Contributor

@dmod nj 

As usual I DVR all the games so I steer clear of this forum until I have watched the game. Will read your "gab" link after I post this.

If the Rangers had a system, I sure didn't see it. Most of it looked like Pond Hockey to me, "I got it, no you take it"!  And Shest looked like he just got outta bed the 1st period.

Not a single player looked very good to me, they all looked completely lost out there. Islanders looked like all Trott's teams, Defense First and no mistakes/dump and chase and win puck battles on the boards.

The Caps let him go and I am glad. That team still thinks Offense will win the Cup, and look what happened! 

I hope a different team shows up tonight or nothing will change. If nothing else their Penalty Killers got in a lot of practice. Looks like Quinn is gonna us 'em all on the PK. Good, playing defensive hockey opens a lot of the forwards eyes and gives them a whole different perspective on what a 100% hockey player should be.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynut   https://nypost.com/2021/01/16/rangers-provide-tantalizing-glimpse-of-what-they-can-be/?utm_source=tw...

Rangers beat the Islanders last night!   

Tuesday, they play the Devils. So...........if you hear double the noise on Tuesday, you'll know it's me and my family watching together, via Skype, and cheering on our teams. lol   

How is your team doing so far?   

@yellowrose  I'm sorry your team is dealing with this mess and can't play just yet. Better safe than sorry.   

@FlyersGirl   rib injuries take a while to fully heal.  I hope he heals quickly and thoroughly.  

This shortened season makes it so hard for a team with injuries, Covid delayed games, or a slow start.  

Good luck to all our teams today! Smiley Happy 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Respected Contributor

Sorry, I was out of touch for about a week, my boss tested positive and we were all in quarantine.  I am sprung today, took the day off with "Mr Redwing" for MLK day.

Happy belated to Mr Rose, hope it was good!

Currently watching Wings v Bluejackets on NBCSN.  Tied at one after two

We lost our opener, but won on Saturday.  Griess (sp?) looks great in goal, as does Bobby Ryan who has scored 2 of our 3 goals this season.

I do not want to say it out loud, by this year is not off to a much better start than the last one ended!  

Good luck to all teams!!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

@redwingsgal  glad you are healthy!  

Much good luck to your boys going forward!  

@hckynut   https://nypost.com/2021/01/18/jacob-trouba-has-the-stuff-to-be-the-rangers-next-captain/?utm_source=...

Lots of local talk about this. 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

Lots of hockey on NBCSN yesterday. Were you able to watch?   I tuned in and out all day. 

Tonight, the Devils will be visiting MSG tonight for the first of their many games this season.   

My home will be rocking!  We'll be watching  with my son via Skype!  

LET'S GO BLUESHIRTS!! 

GDT: - New Jersey Devils vs New York Rangers: Get Schwifty Edition |  HFBoards - NHL Message Board and Forum for National Hockey League

Help yourself! 

New York Rangers Logo Edible Cake, Cupcake & Cookie Topper | Trish Gayle

What are the downsides of antacids? | Socratic

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dmod nj Good luck tonight! Have fun watching with your son. Woman Happy

@redwingsgal Best of luck to the Red Wings this season!

UGH, my Flyers were HORRIBLE last night. Worse than "pond hockey". Hoping they can turn it around tonight. BTW, the Sabres are looking good. 

Respected Contributor

Yea, @dmod , I did watch my boys on Monday, they lost on national TV!  But we did pick up an OT win last night v CBJ

Sure is nice to see so much Tortarella as we will be playing them a lot this season!

Sorry about the loss, @FlyersGirl , you will get em next time!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Trusted Contributor

Feeling MUCH BETTER about the Flyers this morning. Last night's game was a big improvement. (Flyers won 3-0). Lines appeared to be more cohesive and Moose (Brian Elliott) looked great in the nets. (he turned away 40 shots on goal).  Buffalo just looked tired, and we may see more of that with all teams this season since there are so many back to back games scheduled.  

Looking forward to the next series in Boston tomorrow and Saturday.