Valued Contributor

Re: 2021/2022 NHL season, scores, news, information, all are welcome!

Congratulations Ranger fans!  I have to admit that when the third period ended I thought "dmod nj is mixing the Maaloxtinis right now!!"  LOL!  Man Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@781Florist wrote:

Congratulations Ranger fans!  I have to admit that when the third period ended I thought "dmod nj is mixing the Maaloxtinis right now!!"  LOL!  Man Very Happy

LOL LOL @781Florist   Yes, I was!  You are so right!  

This team likes to play from behind. Seems they are comfortable being the underdog, under pressure............but I'm not. LOL 

The saying this year is "No Quit In NY!"   They don't seem to mind being down, but it makes me crazy. 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

@yellowrose  I saw the last few minutes of OT.  Wow!!  Your goalie was SPECTACULAR!!   If he is your future......it looks promising, bright and winning!  That kid was amazing!  I'm sorry your boys didn't advance. fSmiley Sad 

https://thehockeynews.com/news/flames-solve-oettinger-advance-to-second-round?fbclid=IwAR0n75GN80LJm...

Schedule for the teams in the 2nd round. 
https://thehockeynews.com/news/nhl-announces-second-round-playoff-schedule?fbclid=IwAR12giE3Ll4Q_dyX...

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Respected Contributor

@burggirl wrote:

Is this forum just for regulars or fans of certain teams? I'm a hockey fan but have never posted here. The way things are in sports these days, even that can get ugly. So I'm a bit apprehensive about repping my team which doesn't seem to be mentioned here

Welcome, @burggirl !  We are all fans of hockey on this thread!  Post about any team you follow!  I am a die hard Red Wings fan (duh) but we have many teams here represented!  

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Trusted Contributor

STARS......lose in OT.  But no tears, I'm proud of my guys. It

was a longshot for us to make the playoffs, but we did.

And no one expected us to go 7 games with the Flames, but

we did, and we took the game into OT.  So no falling Stars,

looking forward to next season.

Yes dmod, Oettinger was awesome.

Congrats to your Rangers.  I caught the last half of 3rd period,

but had to turn the channel in OT for my game.

Good luck to all teams.

Respected Contributor

@781Florist wrote:

@hckynutjohn 

In the East I am now rooting for the Rangers because it has been so long since they had the cup and also because their fans are so deserving.  I can't root for the Panthers because they only started seeing any fans in the seats a few months ago.  Bandwagon

fans.  Not deserving of the cup.  In the West I think I am going to root for the Blues.

They won their cup a couple of years ago, but they have some of the best fans in hockey.

I have never really liked the Avalanche and I am not sure why, just haven't!

I will be rooting with you and @dmod nj  tonight.  Best of luck!

I agree, @781Florist !  I thought the same thing about the Panthers, where were they in Nov-Dec-Jan even Feb!!!

I have always like the Rangers (original 6) but I KNOW WHY I can't root for the Avalanche!  #1996  #ClaudeLemieux  #PattyRoy

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Respected Contributor

@dmod nj  and @hckynutjohn Your team cannot keep doing this!  WOW!  What a win!  Congrats!

Esteemed Contributor

@781Florist wrote:

@hckynutjohn 

I have never really liked the Avalanche and I am not sure why, just haven't!

I will be rooting with you and @dmod nj  tonight.  Best of luck!

@781Florist 

Read my post put up last Tuesday about the Bandwagon Riding Colorado Fans. Since they got their 1st NHL team, the Colorado Rockies(expansion team originally the KC Scouts, now NJ Devils), it's the Fans for me, not the players. 

If you don't get what I am saying, let me know i can give you more specifics.

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

NO HOCKEY ON TONIGHT!!!! - Crying Baby | Meme Generator