Honored Contributor

Re: 2019-2020 NHL season, scores, news, spoilers; all welcome!

@dmod nj 

Me, Flyers? Yes, I want to see AV succeed in Philadelphia, just as Fred Shero did when he was their coach.

He coached our minor league CHL Team, Rangers farm team, to several trophies. Wasn't fond of the Broad Street Bullies, but big and tough players was part of his winning system. 

Our Rangers promised him the Head Coaching job when Cat Francis retired. Then they reneged on that promise. And he eventually ended up coaching the Flyers, and I believe to their 1st and 2nd Stanley Cups and was their longest reigning head coach, 7 years.

Anywho!  The Pens?  Other than rooting for Mike Mike Sullivan? That's it for me.

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)
Valued Contributor

@dmod nj wrote:

@embgm wrote:

.    Nine minutes til the Penguins and the Flyers!    Go Penns! I've missed you! 🏒🏒🏒

Hi @embgm   good to see you. Smiley Happy  Good luck tonight!  

Any Flyers fans watching? 

Watched the game with one of my sons who is a Flyer fan!! 

Respected Contributor

I watched some of the game last night (until the Tigers v Royals came on).  It was great to see live hockey!  I do like the Flyers, and @hckynut , I was always a fan of the Broad 

Street Bullies!  But I like fighting in hockey!

You do not see anyone kneeling during the anthem in the NHL!!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good morning, Smiley Happy 

@hckynut   Rangers play the Islanders tonight, 8:00 eastern,  NBSCN and MSG. 

My Rangers flag is back outside.   I'm ready!  Fingers crossed everyone is healthy and safe. 

https://www.nhl.com/rangers/news/2019-20-team-award-winners/c-317688254?cmp=osc_nyr&fbclid=IwAR0WRck...

Congrats to the Flyers fans last night.   @embgm   at least someone in your home was happy. LOL  

My husband is a Devils fan.   I'm a Rangers fan.   I asked him if he was going to watch the playoffs with me.   He's "not sure."   LOL LOL 

I'm used to a "divided" home. LOL  

@redwingsgal   like John, I was rooting for former Rangers players on the Flyers and their coach to do well. 

Good luck to all the teams playing tonight. Smiley Happy 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

Hi everyone,Smiley Happy

Another bunch of games on tonight. I believe they are NHL network starting at 4:00 eastern and going throughout the evening. 

The Rangers lost last night to the Islanders.   I saw the game on and off throughout the night.  Seems like they took a lot of penalites.    

Good luck to all the teams playing tonight, especially the Preds.  Heart

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

Your 2019-20 Steven McDonald Extra Effort Award Winner for his dedication to our community on + off the ice: Mika Zibanejad.

In honor of this year’s award, Northwell Health is donating $25,000 to the Steven McDonald Foundation.

Download Free png Clapping Hands Sign Emoji - Applause Emoji ...

Honored Contributor

Hi Donna @dmod nj ,

The Pens/Flyers game looked like a playoff level of hockey. I was surprised how good both teams played. The passing was sharp and there after faceoff systems were all clicking. Was a great game to watch for me.

The Isles/Rangers game?  Was what I expected watching the game above. Nothing like the other game, passes not clicking/players a step behind/unnecessary penalties, just plain hockey I expected after not playing for so long.

The Isles looked defensively much better than our guys from beginning to the end. I can't think of 1 upfront player that stood out, none! 

Igor(?) and Hank both looked good in net. Both goals were from good plays, the one on Hank. A left handed shooter coming in from the right wing always has more room on the far side, but their shot has to be timed just right, and dead-on accurate.

I expect Igor(?) will start against the Canes, but with Hank's record against them? Will see.

Enjoy the games, 

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

hurt my hand 

hard to type

reading your posts

Trusted Contributor

Preds had the best seat to watch her team defeat my STARS

yet again.  Expedition game and we start out exactly where we left off, by losing

to Nashville - in a shut out.  

I think we play the Knights on Monday.  Won't be able to watch but I'll

be wearing my GREEN.

Hope your  hand heals soon @dmod nj 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Donna @dmod nj ,

Sorry to hear about your hand, and believe me I understand. I had a similar, but probably a little worse experience with typing.

Recovering from heart attack #2, I was skating to regain my leg strength and of course get back my fitness. Anyway here's what happened.

They have place where they take the plexiglass out along the boards for public skating. There are holes along the flat part on top of the boards. I was slowing to stop and get a drink of water and was just sliding my hand down the boards, just regular gloves on.

I got my thumb caught in 1 of those holes and my momentum was such I couldn't pull it out right away. Had one of my league games that night so had 1 of my Ortho docs take a look at it.

He shook his head and told my I tore the ligament between my thumb and my forefinger. Saw him a couple days later in his office, ended up with a cast on my left hand. Covered all but the tips of my fingers and thumb and ran all the way from there almost to my elbow.

Way before we had tablets so had to use computer keyboard. Had to hold my arm up in the air to keep from bumping the keys, and that cast felt like it weighed a ton after a few minutes. Had it on for 6 weeks.

Still went skating. I could lace my skates up, but couldn't tie them. My friend that ran the rink was nice enough to tie them for me. Didn't do much to make skating easier either. No glove, freezing finger tips and thumb tip. Oh the fun! Couldn't help telling ya my story. I never shut up! 😉

Hope you get it healed without a long process. Enjoy the games,

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)