Honored Contributor

Re: 2019-2020 NHL season, scores, news, spoilers; all welcome!

@loveschocolate 

Thank you for letting me know. I will certainly join you in wishing Preds a Happy Heavenly Birthday 🎂. My thoughts are with her on this day.

Enjoyed talking hockey with her on this forum, and I am glad she got you hooked on this great game of ice hockey. 

hckynut(john)  🥅🏒

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@loveschocolate   THANK YOU for reminding us of this special day!   Heart

I second what John said, I'm so pleased she got you involved in hockey!! 

I miss her sense of humor. 

Heart

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Trusted Contributor

HAPPY HEAVENLY BIRTHDAY PREDS.

She sure left her mark, didn't she?

Honored Contributor

@hckynut  some new information.

https://nypost.com/2020/12/15/new-york-rangers-return-to-ice-with-nhl-plan-in-focus/?utm_source=twit...

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

@hckynut https://nhl.nbcsports.com/2020/12/17/heart-condition-will-prevent-henrik-lundqvist-from-joining-wash...

Honored Contributor

https://nypost.com/2020/12/17/rangers-kaapo-kakko-could-skate-next-week-after-new-york-arrival/

Honored Contributor

@dmod nj 

Thank you for this update. It is sad to read this news and it's effect on Hank. Being a heart patient myself, I was hoping to get more specific information on his heart condition. 

Not much I haven't heard about when it comes to things that can negatively effect the heart's function. Many times the source of having a heart condition, has nothing to do with the heart's present functioning.

Many patients I met in my 72 Cardiac Rehab Classes had Arterial issues, that were caught before they could cause any damage to the heart muscle itself. That is always the best news, as opposed to how my heart condition surfaced.

The 2 heart attacks, in the same area of my lower heart muscle, did irreparable damage to my heart muscle. That has left me with me with minimal function of my lower heart chambers.

Since Hank hasn't has a Cardio Infarction that is the best news he could get in that respect. Though it will certainly effect his hockey career, it also will hopefully, help him maintain 100% function of his heart muscle well into his future.

Were I Joel, is twin brother, I would want to undergo similar Cardiac Tests to make sure that this is not a genetic Cardiovascular issue. Hopefully he has done this, and if not, will do so in the very near future.

Too many think young age is a safety net from Cardiac issues. It is not. I met 1 young girl, 26 years old, that had already had 3 heart attacks. Another professional minor league baseball player, that via a Treadmill Stress Test, and an Echocardiogram, found out he needed open heart surgery.

Long reply, but when it comes to things concerning health, especially ones I have personally experienced, I can't help myself.

Thanks again Donna,

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Woohooo!!  Yipppppeeeee!!   YAYAYAYAYAY!!! 

https://www.nhl.com/rangers/news/2020-21-season-announce/c-319845238

Respected Contributor

@loveschocolate wrote:

@dmod nj @redwingsgal @hckynut  and all hockey fans..... today is Preds birthday. Happy heavenly birthday! She is the one that got me hooked on hockey. Thank you ☺️ my friend. You are missed! 

Yea, we toasted to our dear friend on the General Hospital thread.  She is greatly missed.  

She really made an impact on me that I will never forget

Thanks for posting, @loveschocolate 

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

@dmod nj wrote:

Woohooo!!  Yipppppeeeee!!   YAYAYAYAYAY!!! 

https://www.nhl.com/rangers/news/2020-21-season-announce/c-319845238

@dmod nj @redwingsgal @yellowrose @hckynut and all....yay!

😃☺️😁