Respected Contributor

Re: 2019-2020 NHL season, scores, news, spoilers; all welcome!

@dmod nj wrote:

https://www.hockeyfeed.com/nhl-news/yzerman-angers-red-wings-fans-with-his-first-offseason-move?ref=...

My thoughts exactly, HIRE GALLANT!!!

Thanks for posting, @dmod nj 

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@redwingsgal wrote:

@dmod nj wrote:

https://www.hockeyfeed.com/nhl-news/yzerman-angers-red-wings-fans-with-his-first-offseason-move?ref=...

My thoughts exactly, HIRE GALLANT!!!

Thanks for posting, @dmod nj 

I have really mixed feelings about this, and I try to keep an open mind because I know him. Not well, but enough to know what kind of a person he is. 

I've seen what Blash can do in just one season when he has actual talent to work with. What he did with WMU (Danny DeKeyser was a walk-on freshman and Luke Witkowski was a sophomore) in just one year was nothing short of amazing. Absolutely, D1 college is not professional sports, but the man can coach. And then look what he did in Grand Rapids. 

Yzerman, IMHO is absolutely on track when he says it's not all Jeff's fault. He doesn't have much to work with right now. He just doesn't. The youngsters in GR aren't ready quite yet. 

Yeah, they could've easily not exercised the option on the last year of his contract and brought in someone else, but even the best coach in the world needs something to work with. 

Realistically, I think it's Blash's last year in Detroit. But when the Red WIngs cut him loose, another team will snap him up in a heartbeat. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

https://nypost.com/2020/06/05/islanders-rangers-gearing-up-for-phase-2-of-nhls-restart-plan/?utm_sou...

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

Thank you @dmod nj appreciate seeing some good news. Hope where you live is away from all the bad things happening around there. We live in a much smaller city, but there are still some of the whacko's stirring up trouble. All craziness! 

Hope you are all well,

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Hi John, 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!    Wishing you health and joy this coming year.   Hope you and your dear wife are together tonight.  Enjoy the day/evening!  

All is well in my neck of NY.  Protests are peaceful. 

NY Rangers Cake | J Sousa | Flickr

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

@dmod nj 

Thanks a bunch Donna. I don't eat cake, but that one? Yum!

JOhn  ❤

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@dmod nj 

Thanks a bunch Donna. I don't eat cake, but that one? Yum!

JOhn  ❤

I knew I could tempt you with THAT cake. LOL LOL  

Respected Contributor

Happy Birthday, @hckynut .  I hope you had a great day and are able to celebrate in some fashion.

@FrostyBabe1 I agree with you, I think Jeff is a great coach, but he has not had the players to win over his tenure.  Hopefully Stevie will change that SOON!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

https://www.foreverblueshirts.com/chris-kreider-leads-rangers-back-on-ice-as-msg-releases-a-statemen...

Honored Contributor

Thanks @dmod nj 

Some very interesting Blueshirt info. At least some things are moving closer to something positive for having live games. Thanks again, 

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)