Honored Contributor

Re: 2019-2020 NHL season, scores, news, spoilers; all welcome!

@redwingsgal 

Following in his father’s footsteps.
The Detroit Red Wings drafted Kienan Draper, the son of Kris Draper, with the first pick in the seventh round.
You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Respected Contributor

Thanks for the updates, @dmod nj !  Some good news for my team, not so much for yours.  I was very sad to hear about Hank, I agree with you and John.  He should have been signed for life, but then JV was signed as a Tiger for life too....

Glad to hear you are able to skate again, @hckynut , you will be back to your old self in no time.  I guess I have been lucky, things here have been "normal" for quite some time, although we still lay kind of low.

Enjoy the cool weather everyone!  I know I am!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

@Re: 2019-2020 NHL season, scores, news, spoilers; all welcome!

@redwingsgal   I'm loving the cooler weather as well. Fall is my favorite season.    

@hckynut  NY #Rangers have signed G Alex Georgiev 2 year / $2,425,000 deal 2020-21: $2,200,000 2021-22: $2,650,000 Georgiev had filed for arbitration and was scheduled to go before an arbitrator on Oct 31.

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

https://www.nhl.com/news/yzerman-providing-optimism-for-red-wings/c-319457910

@redwingsgal 

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the article with Stevie Y, @dmod nj .  I do feel that this season there will be visible improvement-it could not get much worse than last season!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Respected Contributor

The NHL lost a legend yesterday when Mike "Doc" Emrick retired.  The DJ on XM radio channel 6 yesterday referred to Doc as the "Vin Scully of hockey".  Enjoy your retirement, Doc, you WILL be missed!

Honored Contributor

@redwingsgal wrote:

The NHL lost a legend yesterday when Mike "Doc" Emrick retired.  The DJ on XM radio channel 6 yesterday referred to Doc as the "Vin Scully of hockey".  Enjoy your retirement, Doc, you WILL be missed!

@redwingsgal thanks so much for posting this. 

He will be MISSED.   Enjoy retirement! 

He was the Devils announcer for years. We were privileged to  hear him for every game! 

Honored Contributor

https://www.hockeyfeed.com/nhl-news/lundqvist-arrives-in-washington-and-he-officially-puts-his-range...

So wrong! Smiley Sad 

@hckynut 

Honored Contributor

@dmod nj 

Thank you Donna. I will say this, as much as I dislike/hate the Capitals. Should they make it to a Stanley Cup Final against any team BUT the Rangers?  I would be rooting for Hank, the team? No, just for Hank! He deserves it.  Thanks again,

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

John, @hckynut ,  I said the same thing to my son and husband. 

https://theathletic.com/news/nhl-postpones-2021-winter-classic-all-star-game/fyE25vtFrDQm?fbclid=IwA...