Honored Contributor

Re: 2019-2020 NHL season, scores, news, spoilers; all welcome!

Hi everyone, Smiley Happy

My hand is better.  It's not broken as per xrays.   There is a lot of soft tissue damage.  It's wrapped, so using it is difficult.   The swelling is down but still has a way to go. 

Typing is difficult, so I will keep this short.  

ITA with John about the Rangers.  Good first experience in the playoffs for so many of the kids.  They know what they need to do to go forward next year, fingers crossed. 

@loveschocolate  I've watched most of the Blue Jackets games.   A thriller the other night.  Last night, a heartbreaker!  Rooting for your boys on Sunday night.   

Tonight, I'll be watching the Bolts and Flyers.   Both team have former Rangers on them.   I am pulling more for the Bolts because of Mac. 

Lots of former Rangers on the teams left.  Fun to watch them continue their play. 

I feel for Brian Boyle of the Panthers. Smiley Sad  

Okay, my hand is barking.   I will type as I can. But, I am reading all of the posts.  

Hi @hullie   welcome.   Your pup is adorable! Smiley Happy 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

@dmod nj 

Hey Donna, now this is very, very long!

Can't believe I forgot my story about my left hand. My wife and I were putting flea and tick type gel on one of our cats, Jasper. I was holding him and she was putting it on.

Now he is sweet guy, but he didn't like this 1 bit. Somehow he managed to bite my left hand. Now I have been bitten by a lot of cats over our years of rescuing them in our yard.

This one really hurt so I iced it down and put some antiseptic on it. When I woke up the next day it was red and I little swollen, so I called my doctor to get in to see him. No openings. My nephew-in-law is a doctor in the same group, but couldn't get an appointment to see him.

I called my sis to see if she could get him to call me. He did, and I went in to see him. By then I was getting weak and sick. He immediately got me to the ER where they started putting an IV drip of antibiotics in me.

Ended up in the hospital for 7 days with IV antibiotic drips the whole time. My left hand was swelled up so bad I couldn't even bend any of my fingers. Was about 3 times bigger than my right hand.

Shortening up, I was weaker than I was after heart attacks/lung blood clots, and Anemia. It took over 9 months before my hand was even close to normal, and longer to regain my fitness to start my skating after my 14 years off.

It was from Cellulitis, and had I not gotten right in? Probably Sepsis, which is very life threatening. All this and I somehow forgot? Needless to say, using a keyboard was a 1 hand hunt and peck.

Just another of my seemingly endless stories, but letting you know how much I can relate to your situation. I'm sure your doc gave you the drill, so take care of that hand.

Next time you feel up to typing, if you have a tablet, it is much easier. Let me know what teams you are rooting for as they get it down to the regular type playoff format.

Take care now 

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor

I have been watching a lot of hockey too. Their "bubble" seems to be holding up in Canada, hope it continues even if my favorites are eliminated, but got a ways to go before that could happen. Moving to St. Louis shortly before Gretzky got there and becoming season ticket holders there got me forever into hockey. Seeing him and Brett Hull skating on the ice together was so fun. In those days all the teams in the league would be in your town if only for a game or two. We still had our rivals in the division and on top of that got to see all the greatest players in the league on your ice. 

Well, my Blues haven't been on top of their game but they should never be underestimated. Was glad to see the Penguins eliminated, they have always been  a thorn for my Caps. 

There have been some heartbreaking last minute goals making for some exciting games lately. Glad to see some fellow hockey fans.

Trusted Contributor

STARS.....THEY WIN!!!!

Now I'm happy. I won't need dessert tonight to cheer me up.  Woman LOL

It wasn't pretty.  Was almost lost in another shut out.  Blues ahead 1-0 with

30 seconds to go.  Dallas shoots and there is a Dallas player in front

of the goalie.  Puck goes pass the Dallas player over the shoulder of

goalie.  He never saw it coming.

We win 2-1 in a shoot out.  We're now 3 seed, playing Calvery.

@dmod nj glad to see you typing.  Hope you're back to normal soon.

Ouch @hckynut, that is some story.  Scary days for you, I'm sure.

Oh, nice to see that there were "fans" allowed in the arena. They were the plug in, wind blowing variety of fans,  but it's a start.  Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

HI there @yellowrose! Glad your guys won, but! My team in the West is the Calgary Flames. I mentioned why in 1 of my other posts, if you are interested. May the best team win and in good clean hockey games.

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor

@hckynut   I saw the post and understand why you're rooting for Calvery,

and I forgive you. LOL  I hope we can stomp out the Flames.  

In my excitment over a win, I forgot to say hi to @hullie 

HI Hullie, with my STARS green   Smiley Happy

Hope everyone is doing OK.

Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@dmod nj 

Hey Donna, now this is very, very long!

Can't believe I forgot my story about my left hand. My wife and I were putting flea and tick type gel on one of our cats, Jasper. I was holding him and she was putting it on.

Now he is sweet guy, but he didn't like this 1 bit. Somehow he managed to bite my left hand. Now I have been bitten by a lot of cats over our years of rescuing them in our yard.

This one really hurt so I iced it down and put some antiseptic on it. When I woke up the next day it was red and I little swollen, so I called my doctor to get in to see him. No openings. My nephew-in-law is a doctor in the same group, but couldn't get an appointment to see him.

I called my sis to see if she could get him to call me. He did, and I went in to see him. By then I was getting weak and sick. He immediately got me to the ER where they started putting an IV drip of antibiotics in me.

Ended up in the hospital for 7 days with IV antibiotic drips the whole time. My left hand was swelled up so bad I couldn't even bend any of my fingers. Was about 3 times bigger than my right hand.

Shortening up, I was weaker than I was after heart attacks/lung blood clots, and Anemia. It took over 9 months before my hand was even close to normal, and longer to regain my fitness to start my skating after my 14 years off.

It was from Cellulitis, and had I not gotten right in? Probably Sepsis, which is very life threatening. All this and I somehow forgot? Needless to say, using a keyboard was a 1 hand hunt and peck.

Just another of my seemingly endless stories, but letting you know how much I can relate to your situation. I'm sure your doc gave you the drill, so take care of that hand.

Next time you feel up to typing, if you have a tablet, it is much easier. Let me know what teams you are rooting for as they get it down to the regular type playoff format.

Take care now 

hckynut 🏒

Oh John, how awful and painful!   My hand is better.  Hurts to type, so I am trying to keep it to a minimum.   I know you understand all too well. 

You know me, I root with my heart. lol  Not always smart, but that's me. lol 

Once the Rangers were out, I am rooting for former Rangers players or against players/teams. lol   

So, for sure, I am rooting for the Canes.   Skjei is on the team. 

Islanders because of  Andy Greene being on the team.  I like Trotzy as their coach. 

Bolts because of Ryan Mac and Shattenkirk and Maroon.

Flyers because of  Hayes and AV. 

Coyotes because of Stepan and Raanta.

Canucks because of JT Miller. 

https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-playoffs-round-1-schedule/c-280159064

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

Hi @hullie    I enjoyed reading about your journey and your teams. Smiley Happy 

ITA about the Blues!   

Please join us as the playoffs start on Tuesday. Smiley Happy 

Honored Contributor

@yellowrose wrote:

STARS.....THEY WIN!!!!

Now I'm happy. I won't need dessert tonight to cheer me up.  Woman LOL

It wasn't pretty.  Was almost lost in another shut out.  Blues ahead 1-0 with

30 seconds to go.  Dallas shoots and there is a Dallas player in front

of the goalie.  Puck goes pass the Dallas player over the shoulder of

goalie.  He never saw it coming.

We win 2-1 in a shoot out.  We're now 3 seed, playing Calvery.

@dmod nj glad to see you typing.  Hope you're back to normal soon.

Ouch @hckynut, that is some story.  Scary days for you, I'm sure.

Oh, nice to see that there were "fans" allowed in the arena. They were the plug in, wind blowing variety of fans,  but it's a start.  Woman Happy

@yellowrose  NO dessert?   Wow!   I have dessert to cheer me up and celebrate. LOL Smiley Wink 

Good luck to your Stars!   

Honored Contributor