Honored Contributor

Re: 2018-2019 NHL hockey season scores, news, spoilers ; all welcome.

@redwingsgal wrote:

Congrats to St Louis, their coaches, players and most importantly the fans of the Blues!!

Good job!!  That being said.....

112 days til the puck drops!!!

Thank you for sharing this, @redwingsgal .  You saved me looking it up! LOL LOL 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Esteemed Contributor

I know this was a difficult win to accept for many of you but I just wanted to say what a class act you all have been with the Blues win.  Thanks so much.  Heart

Respected Contributor

Congratulations to the Blues! Sorry my team did not win, but you deserved to. 

Respected Contributor

@dmod nj wrote:

@Jtdmum wrote:

Disapointed in the outcome but Congrats to the Blues and their fans!  Great series. Brought some great players into light. 

See you next season...in the meantime...Go Red Sox!

@Jtdmum  it was a pleasure to share the playoffs with you. Smiley Happy Please come back next season. 

In the meantime, join us on the baseball thread. There are other Soxettes there. Smiley Happy 

If you hear anything about Chara's injury going forward, please share it with us.  I hope he is okay going forward and there are no lasting effects. 

Agree, Please come back next season, @Jtdmum  !!!  Not just at playoff time!!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Congratulations to the Blues team and their whole organization. To come from an almost mid season last place in the NHL shows fans what a few changes in players and behind the bench philosophies can do for a team player sport, the greatest one, which for me had always been the game of ice hockey.

The final score was not indicative of the level of hockey played for 60 minutes. The Shots on Goal and Number of Scoring Chances indicate just that. Once again the One in Net played the most major role in which team won this game. 

Was really happy to see all players on both teams game out ready to stick to a clean, hard hitting game. Off the top of my head, I can only remember 2 penalties being called. A clear cut one against the Blues "Shooting Puck Over the Glass", can't even remember the other one.

I think all the On Ice Officials did a great job, making the correct calls, and keeping this game under control for all fans to enjoy. This game was everything I, as a life long hockey fan, could ask for in a Stanley Cup Final Game 7.

The Blues history is also a reason I was happy to see them finally win The Cup. Their very 1st team when they expanded the NHL was made up primarily of players that was My City's CHL Minor League Team. It started in Net with Peter McDuffy, and their Defense which included the late Barclay Plager on the D-Man that sent Bobby Orr flying in the Famous Picture and Statue, his name is Noel Picard(not sure of the spelling).

My only disappointment was not seeing Tuukka Rask winning the MVP. Without his greatest of great goal tending there would not have been this lineup of teams playing in the Stanley Cup Finals. I am not taking anything away from the great play of the Blues O'Reilly, who was a standout throughout each series of the Stanley Cup. 

Now I will hope to see my New York Rangers make some great picks in the NHL Draft and come back next season with a team that can play 60 minute games in all 82 of them, think it's 82? 

A SPECIAL SHOUTOUT for @dmod nj  for starting these threads each NHL hockey season, and to every single fan, regardless of which team that are rooting for throughout the season. Enjoy your summer, I will, by ice skating 3 times a week, whichever sport you choose for your off season viewing.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

Congratulations to the Blues team and their whole organization. To come from an almost mid season last place in the NHL shows fans what a few changes in players and behind the bench philosophies can do for a team player sport, the greatest one, which for me had always been the game of ice hockey.

The final score was not indicative of the level of hockey played for 60 minutes. The Shots on Goal and Number of Scoring Chances indicate just that. Once again the One in Net played the most major role in which team won this game. 

Was really happy to see all players on both teams game out ready to stick to a clean, hard hitting game. Off the top of my head, I can only remember 2 penalties being called. A clear cut one against the Blues "Shooting Puck Over the Glass", can't even remember the other one.

I think all the On Ice Officials did a great job, making the correct calls, and keeping this game under control for all fans to enjoy. This game was everything I, as a life long hockey fan, could ask for in a Stanley Cup Final Game 7.

The Blues history is also a reason I was happy to see them finally win The Cup. Their very 1st team when they expanded the NHL was made up primarily of players that was My City's CHL Minor League Team. It started in Net with Peter McDuffy, and their Defense which included the late Barclay Plager on the D-Man that sent Bobby Orr flying in the Famous Picture and Statue, his name is Noel Picard(not sure of the spelling).

My only disappointment was not seeing Tukka Rask winning the MVP. Without his greatest of great goal tending there would not have been this lineup of teams playing in the Stanley Cup Finals. I am not taking anything away from the great play of the Blues O'Reilly, who was a standout throughout each series of the Stanley Cup. 

Now I will hope to see my New York Rangers make some great picks in the NHL Draft and come back next season with a team that can play 60 minute games in all 82 of them, think it's 82? 

A SPECIAL SHOUTOUT for @dmod nj  for starting these threads each NHL hockey season, and to every single fan, regardless of which team that are rooting for throughout the season. Enjoy your summer, I will, by ice skating 3 times a week, whichever sport you choose for your off season viewing.

hckynut(john)

Hope to talk to you all next season which begins in about 3 months!

Honored Contributor

John, it's always a pleasure to visit with everyone here.   I wish I had more time to post.  

I'll post any Rangers news I hear about here until the start of the new season. Smiley Happy 

Continued good luck with your skating! 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

https://www.stltoday.com/news/local/metro/heading-to-the-st-louis-blues-parade-here-s-what/article_f...

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

https://www.nhl.com/rangers/news/rangers-acquire-jacob-trouba/c-307887700?fbclid=IwAR1Evhrr-TjnTCNG1...