Honored Contributor

Re: 2018-2019 NHL hockey season scores, news, spoilers ; all welcome.

@dmod nj , Go Blues! 

Honored Contributor

Myself and my wife did not fare well in the Cup run. Every team we wanted to win, lost  the last being the Sharks.

Tampa(let's Rangers)/Flames(Giordano our AHL player)/Blue Jackets/Carolina(McElenny our AHL goalie). Can't  remember them all, but the finals for us will be anti-climatic. I just hope they are good clean games.

I swear the NHL makes up rules on the go. "Continuance of a play", really? Overrides even a blown whistle? Toronto has the LAST CALL on goals? Then in a Blues game it6 up to the on ice Ref?  They lost me and I know the game. NEVER, EVER have I heard any play is still in progress after a WHISTLE BLOWS!  Guess whistles don't stop all plays in their tracks anymore, CONTINUANCE OF A PLAY, REALLY?

The rules committee better get their act together. Too many stupid calls that don't even make sense. What next, take a poll of the 4 officials on ice on every call and replay? And here the NHL says they wanted to speed up the game.

Haven't been here, still DVR every game. Wife gone games stack up. Not sure about the finals, but since the Blues very first NHL team were made up of lots of my Omaha Knights CHL team? 

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

All in on Blues, so that bodes badly for them!!!

Bruins just play a tad too dirty for me.

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

https://www.nhl.com/rangers/team/john-davidson-press-conference?icmp=int_web_nyr_JD_DL_190522

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

Monday is Game 1 of the  2019 Stanley Cup Final between the Blues and Bruins. Game 1 is in Boston, NBC, 8:00 eastern. 

Let's go Blues!  

Image result for let's go st. louis blues

Related image

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Trusted Contributor

FINALLY!!!  Seems like forever since hockey has been on.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
  •  

I don't often root for the Western Conference, but this year I am. St. Louis was one of the first teams when the NHL expanded from the Original Six. That 1st team also was made up of many players from my home town CHL team that left our city. 

Made it to the Cup Finals, I think the 1st 3 years. At that time they were playing only the other expansion teams to get to the finals. They were the best of those teams, but not even close to any of the original 6 in a 7 game series. They were just the best of the expansions.

Don't remember exactly how those series played out, but their best games just didn't compare to say, Montreal's worst games. It didn't take much for a good hockey fan to see the extreme disparities in those teams talent.

Maybe it's St. Louis's time to take home Lord Stanley's Cup. So I will root for them only for those reasons, end of course because my New York Rangers are not in the series.  

(;~(

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor

Apparently I'm in the minority but GO BRUINS!

Honored Contributor

Hi everyone, 

Just wanted to let you all know for the next week or so, I won't be around much. Lots going on here, all good, but I won't be near my laptop much. 

I'll be watching the Finals, as much as possible. 

Please continue to post about the games.  I'll enjoy reading and catching up with your comments. 

@Jtdmum  no worries, welcome!    We want to hear you rooting for the Bruins! Smiley Happy  

Are you a fan or just picked them for the Finals? 

My Rangers have been golfing since April. lol So, I've been picking my teams as the playoffs progressed. 

Honored Contributor

@dmod nj , I got to watch the first period but the weather broke in. It’s not even in Ohio, but Indiana. Guess I’ll read about it online tomorrow.