Honored Contributor

Re: 2018-2019 NHL hockey season scores, news, spoilers ; all welcome.

Hi John, 

OMG, the criticism from the local press is tremendous after that game, as you can imagine.

There was someone, can't remember which player, who did have the flu the other day.   

I think they have 10 more games.  It's going to be a long end to the season.  

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

Hi everyone, 

I'll be away from my Rangers this weekend. Won't see any games at all.  I think I may go through withdrawal. lol  

Good luck to everyone's teams this weekend! 

If you  hear any Rangers news, please post it. I'll catch up when I return. Smiley Happy

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Contributor

Greetings and salutations!

I was logged on so stopped by to say....Rangers!!!! What is the problem???

Let's Go Rangers!

I know this is bad, and I've not checked the standings to know if they're mathmatically emiminated, but I've just sort of given up and don't even want them to squeak into 8th and then get eliminated in the first round.  Woman Sad

Honored Contributor

Hi @leigh 

Rangers fan here since the 1960's, some good teams/1 great team, any many not-so-good, overpaid teams.

Ya gotta realize this is a "Rebuilding Phase" for the Rangers and they have either the Youngest Average Team or the 2nd, in the entire NHL. Hey, true fans do not give up on their team based on Wins and Losses, they stay on the horse. 

Hang on, they will get there, but they are mathematically eliminated for 2019 post season.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Contributor

Oh I'm a lifelong fan on the horse. I just feel like I don't want the horse to get into 8th and then get picked off in 4. Call me crazy Woman LOL

But seriously how long are we going to be in the rebuilding phase? I feel like I've been hearing that for years.

Honored Contributor

Fellow Ranger fan @leigh ,

Was just a little over a year ago when they sent letters to Season Ticket Holders explaining the rebuild. Then they traded: McDonough(?)/J.T. Miller/Nash, all I can remember off the top of my head. Don't remember any so-called "rebuilding" for a long time prior.

Those 7 or 8 straight seasons they didn't make tne Playoffs, they didn't even mention "rebuilding". Just kept getting "seasoned high $$$ players" that suddenly forgot how to play the game.

I know it seems like many years, but ain't been that long since they won the conference. Again, I ain't "googling", just off the top of my head. 

Glad you are, and have long time, "been on the horse". I think they have a good group of young talent and the right coach to build the chemistry

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Hi everyone, Smiley Happy 

Welcome @leigh to this thread. Smiley Happy

John, ITA, always a fan, even through the lean years. Smiley Happy 

Tonight, the Rangers play the Pens!  Good luck @JillyMarie  . Shaking hands. Smiley Happy 

I will be able to watch most of tonight's game! YAY! I've missed watching my boys. 

Good luck to everyone's teams tonight. 

Respected Contributor

The Wings are playing like they want to lose the first pick!!  Six out of the last eight points!  WHAAAAT???   I thought they were already sewing a sweater for Jack Hughes.

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

@redwingsgal wrote:

The Wings are playing like they want to lose the first pick!!  Six out of the last eight points!  WHAAAAT???   I thought they were already sewing a sweater for Jack Hughes.

You made me LOL @redwingsgal .  Rangers seem to have given up on this season.  Some young ones are playing for jobs. 

@Preds  boys clinched a spot!   I'm so happy for Brian Boyle. 

Honored Contributor

Hey @dmod nj , @redwingsgal  and all.  Sorry I haven't been around to cheer or yell for everyone.  But, I'm lazy.  Trust me, y'all have been in my thoughts, prayers and what the he.....?  LOL

Yep, our boys made it, but I don't feel they will make it long.  They just don't have it together enough to get it done.  They are good, but not great.  Need to be on top of everything to get it done and they can't seem to hold that.

Hey @dmod nj  ... you going on the cruise?  Your man has an awesome lineup for it.  Smiley Wink

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."