Honored Contributor

Re: 2018-2019 NHL hockey season scores, news, spoilers ; all welcome.

Hang in there @redwingsgal.  They'll get there.  We hope. Smiley Wink

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

@PredsCongrats on the OT win!   Please excuse the potty language at the end of the game. LOL 

I am watching the Rangers. They are down by 1 to the Blackhawks in the 3rd.   

@redwingsgal  both of us may have a LONG hockey season if our teams continue to play like they have been.................................

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Respected Contributor

We host the Jets tonight, let's hope for the best!

Good luck to everybody's teams this weekend!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

Rangers lost 4-1 on Thursday night. Their next game is Sunday afternoon.   Maybe I am bringing them bad luck?  Maybe if I don't watch, they will win??????   UGH! 

Good luck to the RW,  @redwingsgal  .    I know how you feel. Both our teams are struggling so much.  *sigh*  

Good luck to everyone's teams!  

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

All I want to see is this new team and new staff improving, and that they are doing. A whole new system with a new coaching staff is hard even for seasoned experienced NHL players. What I see I like. More speed/fewer give aways in the D-Zone/fewer dumb penalties, and sticking with the system. And best of all, Hank on the top of his game.

Weak spots/too many faceoffs lost, moreso in their D-Zone/not being able finish on good scoring opportunities/bad and untimely line changes, especially in the 2nd periods.

Expecting too much too soon from a younger and less experienced team? You will be a disappointed fan. As long as this team shows the desire to get better with each game, I am satisfied as that is a part of the rebuilding process.

Officiating and some rules? Inconsistent and stupid, which gives even more "gray" areas to Refs, and that makes their jobs just that much harder.

Keep digging guys, that's all I expect to see. The W's will come.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Hi @hckynut  John, 

Hope you and your wife are doing well. 

You have more patience than I do. lol  Good reminders! Thanks! 

Honored Contributor

https://nypost.com/2018/10/27/rangers-rebuild-of-old-provides-hope-for-current-go-around/?utm_source...

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Wings beat the Stars yesterday at LCA!!!  We looked great in all aspects of the game!

Bernier in goal.  Got a PP goal.  It was a pretty good game overall.  Tomorrow we are in Columbus.  Let's hope the great play continues!!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

@redwingsgal wrote:

Wings beat the Stars yesterday at LCA!!!  We looked great in all aspects of the game!

Bernier in goal.  Got a PP goal.  It was a pretty good game overall.  Tomorrow we are in Columbus.  Let's hope the great play continues!!!

Happy to hear your boys had a good game!!   Much good luck against the Blue Jackets!  

Fingers crossed you are just as happy about your boys and their effort/play! 

Honored Contributor

Rangers are playing the Sharks on the west coast. The game starts at 10:30 eastern.  

I'm not sure I'll be awake for more than the 1st period. 

Lots of area chatter about the Blueshirts! 

https://nypost.com/2018/10/29/rangers-desperate-to-find-a-way-to-eliminate-mental-mistakes/

https://nypost.com/2018/10/29/its-time-for-rangers-to-speed-up-this-seasons-fire-sale/

https://nypost.com/2018/10/28/rangers-are-not-able-to-count-and-david-quinn-is-getting-angry/