Respected Contributor

Re: 2018-2019 NHL hockey season scores, news, spoilers ; all welcome.

We got beat at home against the Maple Leafs (Babcock, ugh) last night

The Ilitch family announced yesterday that the Wings will retire Red Kelly's number 4 in a ceremony vs Toronto in Feb 2019.  What an honor to be retired by two original 6 teams!

(Maple Leafs did it a few years ago)

He will be the eighth number retired by the Red Wings organization.  Mr. Kelly won 4 Cups in Toronto and 4 more with us along side some names you may know, Alex Delvecchio, Sid Abel and a guy named Gordie Howe.

This is long overdue and my Dad is smiling from above today.

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

@redwingsgal wrote:

We got beat at home against the Maple Leafs (Babcock, ugh) last night

The Ilitch family announced yesterday that the Wings will retire Red Kelly's number 4 in a ceremony vs Toronto in Feb 2019.  What an honor to be retired by two original 6 teams!

(Maple Leafs did it a few years ago)

He will be the eighth number retired by the Red Wings organization.  Mr. Kelly won 4 Cups in Toronto and 4 more with us along side some names you may know, Alex Delvecchio, Sid Abel and a guy named Gordie Howe.

This is long overdue and my Dad is smiling from above today.

@redwingsgalthanks for sharing this good news.  ITA, it is an honor to have your number retired by two teams! 

Your comment about your dad is sweet. Heart

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

https://nypost.com/2018/10/12/rangers-reaction-to-first-win-proves-expectations-are-different/?utm_s...

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

Image result for let's go rangers

Rangers play the Oilers today at MSG. 

It is in the 2nd period, tied 1-1.   

Honored Contributor

https://nypost.com/2018/10/13/no-one-wins-in-nhls-domestic-violence-suspension-debacle/?utm_source=t...

Honored Contributor

Image result for frustrated

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Good luck to everyone's teams! Smiley Happy 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The Avs visit NYC to play the Rangers tonight, 7:00, MSG. 

https://www.nhl.com/rangers/news/preview-rangers-finish-homestand-against-avalanche/c-300968000

I'll also be peeking into the Devils game.  They play the Stars in Jersey, 7:00, MSG+. 

Respected Contributor

Pitiful showing last night in Montreal.  We are ten points out of first place two weeks into the season.....pitiful

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

@redwingsgal wrote:

Pitiful showing last night in Montreal.  We are ten points out of first place two weeks into the season.....pitiful

I understand your pain, @redwingsgal.  Rangers have one win.  They are in last place with 2 points.  Oy vey! 

I hope both our teams start to win consistently.