Honored Contributor

Re: 2017-2018 hockey season, scores, news, spoilers, all are welcome. :)

Hi @dmod nj,

Never heard about that injury to Kreider, fact I am not completely sure of how a Rib is Resectioned. I am concerned about him being on blood thinners. Is Jed Ortmeyer with the Rangers  in any capacity? What's the latest on what the doc's feel might be the cause, and/or source of his arm clot, and what is their plan for treatment?

I noticed the Buchnevich(?) was not in the Vegas game, at least I don't remember seeing him, and the Fox announcers didn't say anything except Kreider, and Smith(a healthy scratch). Enjoyed watching the speed of the Vegas team, and they were a step quicker in all zones than our guys. Finally got caught up on games, but my wife has been gone most of the last 2 weeks, and has been gone all this week.

She has had 3 Pet Sitting jobs, with only 1 night at home in-between each of them, so she told me to go ahead and watch the 4 games on the DVR. She will be home for a day and a half, then off to another 4 day/night Sitting job.

Just discovered a hernia will skating a week ago. Going to see my wife's surgeon tomorrow (they cancel all their appointments for today because of the ice storm here), to set up a surgery date. For me, the sooner the better, but it is going to kill me not being able to skate for awhile. Gotta keep my fitness level I worked so hard this last year to obtain. Will update you and others. Probably on the Community Chat Forum, as I progress through this surgery/recovery, then back to skating again. Hoping for a max of 2 weeks, will see!

Take care of yourself

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Hi John @hckynut 

The Rangers have been tight lipped about what is going on with Kreider.  That is all I heard, so far. I will update as I hear anything. Yes, Jed is currently serving as the Director of Player Development with the New York Rangers.  I'm sure he was consulted with about this.  

Buchnevich is in today's game.  They wanted to work on some skills for consistency was the talk today.  Smith is out again today. 

My best to you as you undo surgery for your hernia. I will keep you in my prayers.  I look forward to the updates in the Community Chat area.   Please take care of yourself. 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

Rangers are back after their week off.  Lordy..............they are losing to the Islanders 5-1.  Pavelec started and was yanked in the 2nd.  He is NOT to blame for the horrible game, imo.  Too many men left open to score.  Oy vey! 

I'm apologizing now for my potty mouth while watching this game.   It's been brutal. 

Good luck to all our teams.  

Is anyone's team off this week? 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

That was an awful display of I don't know what.............but it wasn't good hockey. They lost  7-2. 

Rangers play the Pens tomorrow night, NBCSN.   

Honored Contributor

Hi @dmod nj,

Got the Islander game on DVR, so won't read any further up this forum. Going to have hernia surgery Thursday at 5:00am. Went skating yesterday and may still go tomorrow and next Wednesday, the day prior to surgery. Not sure how long I will be off skates, so want to skate as much now before having it.

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers, I really appreciate your concern. Not a major type of surgery so I don't expect any issues post surgery. Will not push my recovery, but us hockey guys have this "thing", I think you know what mean.  

Will update on other forum, don't want to see any scores before watching the ones on the DVR. Wife going on sitting job 2 days after my surgery. Hope I can handle all 7 of our furry ones while she is gone for a week.

You take care too,

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Rangers playing the Pens.......start of the 2nd,  Rangers ahead 2-1. 

Fingers crossed they play well the entire game.   Maybe they were embarrassed by yesterday's game?  Hope so! 

Good luck to all our teams. 

Honored Contributor

No Hayes and Mac.   Hank stood on his head but the Pens were too much. 

This team gives me agita. 

Next game, Tuesday against the Flyers. Any Flyers fans reading? 

Honored Contributor

@Preds  how are you feeling?  How is your mom?  I read on Fluffy's thread you have a lot on your plate right now.  (((((((((( gentle hugs Heart )))))))))))

Take care of yourself.  Thinking of you. 

Honored Contributor

@dmod nj ... I'm good. Thank you.  Please don't worry about us.  Just living life and getting there. Mom is good, kiddo is good, and I'd pull my hair out if I had enough.  LOL   Thank you.  All is good.  Love you guys.  Mean it.  Even when I'm not here ... I am.  Keeping an eye on you.  LOL   

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

Rangers play the Flyers at The Garden tonight.  The game is on NBCSN for those out of the MSG area. 

I'm cheering on my boys, but I'm not sure what team will show up. Will it be the guys who play well or the other team?   

Any Flyers fans reading this? 

Good luck to all our teams! 

@redwingsgalhow are ya?