Honored Contributor

Re: 2016-2017 hockey season, scores, news, spoilers, all are welcome. :)

Makes me happy @dmod nj ...

Image result for Nashville Predators happy dance gif

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

@hckynut http://nypost.com/2017/09/20/like-a-brother-rangers-react-to-brian-boyles-cancer-diagnosis/

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/article/thn-s-2017-18-season-preview-new-york-rangers

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Respected Contributor

While I was on vacay last week to the Mother Land, I was lucky enough to attend a Kid Rock concert at the new Little Ceasar's Arena in Detroit.  Let me tell you how AMAZING this place is!!!  There was just enough of the old (statues of Alex Delvecchio and Gordie Howe etc) and the new (Stevie Y, Nik Lidstrom etc)  The place is beyond state of the art!

The Ilitch family spent a pretty penny to keep my beloved Wings downtown and now the Pistons will be sharing the Arena for basketball!!  For about the last 35 yrs the Pistons have played in the suburbs far north of the city.  

Ford Field (Lions) Comerica (Tigers) and LCA (Red Wings and Pistons) are now walking distance from each other along with many restaurants (Hockeytown Cafe, my personal fav)  

The NHL channel showed the Wings first pre season game there last Saturday night, it was so awesome!!!
And that is not to mention how great the Kid Rock concert was, Yes, he did play our Journey song!!!   

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

@redwingsgal  thanks so much for the info about where the teams play.  It was very interesting.  I didn't know any of that. Thanks for sharing!  

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

https://www.nhl.com/rangers/news/rangers-reduce-training-camp-roster-by-seven/c-291420662

Honored Contributor

A third-period comeback wasn't enough, as the Nashville Predators fell 4-3 to the Columbus Blue Jackets in preseason action on Thursday night at Bridgestone Arena. The result gives the Preds a 2-3-0 record through five games of the exhibition schedule that is set to conclude Saturday night.

Although the score might suggest otherwise, it wasn't a stellar showing from the home team, and Head Coach Peter Laviolette wasn't pleased with what he saw from his team in their penultimate preseason contest.

We need to get it together soon!

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

Yeah, we lost last night at home to the Blackhawks.  We did look pretty good for the two periods I watched, but apparently not so much in the third.

Cannot wait for the season to start!!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2017/10/03/penguins-receive-phenomenal-2017-stanley-cup-rings/?sf118395245=...