Honored Contributor

Re: 2016-2017 hockey season, scores, news, spoilers, all are welcome. :)

@Preds wrote:

@dmod nj wrote:

@Preds wrote:

49?  Got you beat @nun ya.  I'll be 60 in 6 months.

Hold on to that cup, Mike.  We'll be back. Smiley Wink

Hope Mike and the team takes care of the Cup until next year when it is won by NY.  What? Why are you laughing? LOL LOL

Hahaha ... I didn't say when we'd be back @dmod nj.  I've got your back ... as long as we're not playing each other ... then you are on your own.  Smiley Wink 

LOL LOL You've got yourself a deal!!   Same for me, I've got your back. lol

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

@JillyMarie wrote:

I know, given the great admiration for the Pens, you all will enjoy this piece of trivia.  Last night's game was the 87th playoff game.

image.png

Quite an accomplishment! 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Congrats to Coach Mike on his superb handling of his team. While I am disappointed, I also recognize his value to the Pens organization. No team, regardless of having a team with individual good players, his ability to analyze and change when necessary, led his team to the cup.

It seldom is the so-called great players that are the reason an organization wins the Stanley Cup. One need only look a who won these games with the winning goal to see it is the pretty much unrecognized players that were more important than the limelight players. 

The Ref and the whistle call no goal? Plenty to say from my years of being in that position, involving more than that particular Ref. It is the system used that is primarily the fault those even happen, and I don't care who has the whistle, that is not the difference maker. Maybe the NHL and the Ref Organization will listen to my suggestion, drawn from my hundreds of on ice game experiences.

@dmod nj, always a joy to participate in your yearly threads, and thank you for keeping it moving along with most that participate keeping it a friendly thread for almost all that participate.

Wait till next year young ladies and we will see!

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor

Anybody want to discuss the LV expansion draft. Very, very hot topic here. Protect or not to protect, that is the question. The protect list is due this weekend I believe. LV have to abide by the salary cap so they have to keep that in mind. Fleury's contract is no trade and this afternoon it was announced that he agreed to waive only for LV. That means that if the Pens organization chooses not to protect Marc Andre and if LV drafts him, they cannot trade him to say, Philadelphia. Very interesting. Rumors on the west coast say that LV may draft the 4 top goalies available and then use them as trade bait.
Trusted Contributor

The Pens are being honored at the Pirates game right now. Pretty cool, I must say. Sid is throwing out a pitch and Hainsy is catching. Strike one. Fleury is wearing a Cervelli shirt, both are number 29.
Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

Congrats to Coach Mike on his superb handling of his team. While I am disappointed, I also recognize his value to the Pens organization. No team, regardless of having a team with individual good players, his ability to analyze and change when necessary, led his team to the cup.

It seldom is the so-called great players that are the reason an organization wins the Stanley Cup. One need only look a who won these games with the winning goal to see it is the pretty much unrecognized players that were more important than the limelight players. 

The Ref and the whistle call no goal? Plenty to say from my years of being in that position, involving more than that particular Ref. It is the system used that is primarily the fault those even happen, and I don't care who has the whistle, that is not the difference maker. Maybe the NHL and the Ref Organization will listen to my suggestion, drawn from my hundreds of on ice game experiences.

@dmod nj, always a joy to participate in your yearly threads, and thank you for keeping it moving along with most that participate keeping it a friendly thread for almost all that participate.

Wait till next year young ladies and we will see!

hckynut(john)

Thank you John for participating and always posting something interesting.  I've learned a lot.  It's my pleasure and hope to see you here next season..........which is only about 4 months away.  

Honored Contributor

@JillyMarie wrote:
The Pens are being honored at the Pirates game right now. Pretty cool, I must say. Sid is throwing out a pitch and Hainsy is catching. Strike one. Fleury is wearing a Cervelli shirt, both are number 29.

Hi, Smiley Happy

Thanks for telling us about this. I love when the different sports teams, from the same city, support one another.  I bet the crowd loved seeing the guys! Did they bring the Cup with them?  

Honored Contributor

@JillyMarie wrote:
Anybody want to discuss the LV expansion draft. Very, very hot topic here. Protect or not to protect, that is the question. The protect list is due this weekend I believe. LV have to abide by the salary cap so they have to keep that in mind. Fleury's contract is no trade and this afternoon it was announced that he agreed to waive only for LV. That means that if the Pens organization chooses not to protect Marc Andre and if LV drafts him, they cannot trade him to say, Philadelphia. Very interesting. Rumors on the west coast say that LV may draft the 4 top goalies available and then use them as trade bait.

Honestly, I just  started to pay attention to the LV draft.  I do know the Rangers want to keep Raanta. Not sure who will be unprotected. Maybe Skapski? 

Do you like the idea of Fleury possibly going to LV?  

I'll look for the Rangers protected list this week. Thanks for the heads up.

Respected Contributor

@dmod nj wrote:

@JillyMarie wrote:

@Preds wrote:

@Preds wrote:

You both are youngsters compared to the old lady in the room.

Don't call yourself old.  You are only as old as you feel! lol 

I will be 59 in December and I feel like I am 132 years old physically, but mentally I feel like 35 !!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

Rangers came to terms with Puempel for a new contract.

Jed Ortmeyer named  as Dir. of Player Dev.

Steve Eminger as a Pro Scout.  

Ben Prentiss as Strength & Conditioning Consultant.