Honored Contributor

Re: 2014-2015 hockey season....SPOILERS...scores/game results.....

I would love to see the skills competition, too. Don't know if we'll try or not, but I'm ready if DH is. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

On 10/16/2014 dmod nj said:

Wings fans, I was cheering last night for a win. Sorry I wasn't loud enough.

I think I heard you!! Tough loss...

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

Rangers win in the shoot out!

How did your team do?

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

CONGRATS RANGERS!

We've got the Jets tonight! Keeping fingers crossed!

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

On 10/16/2014 dmod nj said:

Rangers win in the shoot out! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

How did your team do?

Hi Donna,

They still are running around like Half Ice Mite players in their won zone, with or without having possession of the puck. Giveaways are much different than D-zone turnovers, and that is exactly what they are doing. Unfortunately it is just not 1 player that is guilty of this, it includes all the D-men and the Forwards.

I know the history of last years start of the seasons, but am not one that likes to rely on the same thing happening 2 consecutive season, and with different players this time around. Turnovers or giveaways are usually the result of working on a new system/mental fatigue/physical fatigue or just not focusing on your individual assignment in the D-zone. So far I have see all of this in these few short games.

When you see top D-men like Ryan Mac/Staal and Girardi getting beat on many 1 on 1 plays? This is not something a fan likes to see very often. These guys have been playing together way too long to be this out of sink regardless of what system is in place for their D-zone and "breakout plays".

Sure glad Nash is finding the net and hope he continues and breaks Jag's goal record. I like the speed of this team and some of their offensive zone play for sure. Zuc still looks like one of the best players on the ice to me, and of the new faces Stepniak(#12) looks like he always has the puck around him. Players like him don't look fancy or any of that stuff, but it is not accident that the puck seems to find him.

Keep on keeping on guys,

Goooooo Rangers

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Preds win 2-0 against Winnipeg! Watch out Chicago!

Honored Contributor

Congrats Blackhawks! At least we made you work for it!

Honored Contributor

Hi everyone,

I was away in CT and MA (Boston) for the weekend. The fall foliage was beautiful!!!

I did not miss any games this weekend. I was home in time to watch the early evening, Sunday game.

Rangers won!! They played the Sharks at MSG. The Sharks looked tired and the Rangers looked better!!

John, I think you will be happier with Sunday's game!!

Preds, I love your sense of humor. Good luck to the Preds in their next game.

Next game for the Rangers is Tuesday against the Devils. We'll be Skyping with our son while watching.

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

Hey, what can I say ... I'm a sick person! {#emotions_dlg.laugh} Glad you appreciate my silliness. Hope I'm sending sympathies to you DH and DS. {#emotions_dlg.devil2} Good Luck Rangers!!!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Honored Contributor

Donna,

Left a summary of what I thought of the Sharks game. As usual, I analyzed most of the individual parts of it, and it was not short by my usual post standards. For some reason that post disappeared and I ain't typing it again as this one may go "bye bye" also for some unknown reason.

Summary: Still too many giveaways in their D-zone. Rangers took over in 2nd period because of a noticeable very tired Sharks team. Be in physical or mental fatigue, it always plays a BIG role in who wins and who loses many of the games.

hckynut(john)