Valued Contributor

Re: 2014-2015 hockey season....SPOILERS...scores/game results.....

On 5/17/2015 Gooday said:
On 5/17/2015 MomOf4 said:

OK Gooday!!!! Don't be bitter. LOL {#emotions_dlg.wub}

OK, this is adorable!! All he needs is a tiny Hawks shirt on. Smile

Super Contributor

DUCKS WIN!!!!!!!!! 4-1 GREAT GAME!! WOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO

One win down, 3 to go!!!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

So happy that they won!! Will sleep well tonight and forget the absolute meltdown that the Clippers had!

Honored Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.laugh} Great pictures. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

The Blackhawks will make adjustments for the next game!!

Thanks Preds for the Let's Go Rangers. Looking forward to the game tomorrow night.

Pickles, it is 8:00 eastern, NBCSN.

Have a good Monday, everyone. See ya tomorrow.

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

Hi John,

ITA, those were not the Bolts that we usually watched. Cally was back 6 days after an emergency appendectomy. He was not himself. Boyle was out for an unspecified injury. ITA, also, they will be a faster, different team tomorrow night. They will make whatever adjustments they need to make.

I, also, agree about the officiating. No complaints.

A beat writer for the Rangers wrote about the officiating. I will find it and post it here. I think he has been reading this thread. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Ok, here it is.............written by Larry Brooks

In 1995, when the Devils were ruining the sport with the trap while on their way to the first of three Cups in nine years, an average of 6.4 goals were scored in playoff games.

Two decades later, entering Saturday’s opener of the Eastern Conference finals at the Garden, the average is 4.9 per.

Somehow, over the past 20 years, and allegedly operating under rules meant to open the game, the NHL has lost 1.5 goals per playoff game.

This is what you get when, a) goaltenders’ equipment continues to be oversized and increasingly is worn by athletes who are supersized; b) every team in the league focuses on back-pressure, and, c) the rules aren’t enforced.

It’s been a rodeo out there. It’s more than a return to the bad old days of obstruction. Defensemen routinely grab sticks, put their sticks between attackers’ legs around the net and bury their mitts in opposing sweaters. Slashing is on the rise. It’s not as if all these infractions simply are being missed. They simply are being ignored.

In 2004, when the game had slowed to a crawl, an average of 8.5 power plays per game were awarded in the playoffs. In 2006, after instituting new-age rules that were a byproduct of the canceled season Shanahan Summit, the average number of power plays per game rose to 11.6.

This year, half as many: 5.8.

There was a method to the league’s madness leading up to the 2004-05 canceled season. Allowing for obstruction limited scoring chances, which limited goals, which limited players’ arbitration awards, which gave the low payroll teams a better chance to beat high payroll teams.

Now, though, the players are getting 50 percent no matter what, so why a return to this? Not only does it produce less entertaining hockey, it changes the terrain at the most important time of the year, and it negates talent advantages that the best teams in the league are able to exploit through the regular season.

There was one set of rules for 82 games, though conservatively enforced this season, and now another set of rules with the Stanley Cup on the line.

It’s as if tennis lines people were instructed to ignore double-faults in the finals at Wimbledon after having called them throughout the fortnight.

It’s as if tennis lines people were instructed to ignore double-faults in the finals at Wimbledon after having called them throughout the fortnight.

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Valued Contributor

On 5/17/2015 Jackielee said:

So happy that they won!! Will sleep well tonight and forget the absolute meltdown that the Clippers had!

Jackilee, I felt so bad for Doc. Rivers. Hopefully he will get a championship during his tenure.

Ducks say they will play even better on Tuesday but I think they played just fine today!!

Super Contributor

Jackilee, I felt so bad for Doc. Rivers. Hopefully he will get a championship during his tenure.

Ducks say they will play even better on Tuesday but I think they played just fine today!!

I did too,MomOf4! I don't know if you heard about the absolutely classless tweet by Magic Johnson regarding the Clippers that he put out yesterday but , in so many words, he said that he was sorry that he ever said anything nice about the Clippers and that the Clippers will always be the Clippers. Geez, Magic, worry about your own beloved Lakers! I'm from Michigan and I love Magic but this tweet does show how truly classless and bitter Laker people can be.(Can you tell that I'm a huge Laker hater?)

Valued Contributor

On 5/18/2015 Jackielee said:

I did too,MomOf4! I don't know if you heard about the absolutely classless tweet by Magic Johnson regarding the Clippers that he put out yesterday but , in so many words, he said that he was sorry that he ever said anything nice about the Clippers and that the Clippers will always be the Clippers. Geez, Magic, worry about your own beloved Lakers! I'm from Michigan and I love Magic but this tweet does show how truly classless and bitter Laker people can be.(Can you tell that I'm a huge Laker hater?)

Jackilee, I hate the Lakers too. Always have. Same thing for the Dodgers and Kings. Huge Angels, Clips and Ducks fan here.

What Magic wrote was absolutely disgusting. Talk about kicking a team when it's down. He should be ashamed!!!

I am really hoping it will be the Rangers and Ducks in the Cup finals. I don't know anything about the Hawks or the Bolts but I hope they both lose this week.

I am going to miss Hockey when this is over.

In the meantime...GO RANGERS tonight!!

Respected Contributor

On 5/18/2015 MomOf4 said:
On 5/18/2015 Jackielee said:

Jackilee, I hate the Lakers too. Always have. Same thing for the Dodgers and Kings. Huge Angels, Clips and Ducks fan here.

What Magic wrote was absolutely disgusting. Talk about kicking a team when it's down. He should be ashamed!!!

I am really hoping it will be the Rangers and Ducks in the Cup finals. I don't know anything about the Hawks or the Bolts but I hope they both lose this week.

I am going to miss Hockey when this is over.

In the meantime...GO RANGERS tonight!!

I am from Michigan also, I actually went to Michigan State when Magic was there, but this was uncalled for. Reason #458 why I hate Lakers, Kings, Dodgers, the holier than thou aura that follows them. Magic has been there so long, it has taken him over also.

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Super Contributor

Momof4 and redwings gal, you are two women after my own heart!! Hate the Dodgers and Kings also along with the Lakers. Where in Michigan , redwings gal? I grew up in Bloomfield Hills and my sister in law actually was in a class at Michigan State with Magic.One thing about the Clippers that i really like is that the owner always sits down on the flloor for the games unlike Jerry Buss who was never seen on the floor. The other thing? That the stars don't go to be seen at Clippers games. Billy Crystal has been a loyal fan for ages.Cannot stand the entire Laker scene!

Honored Contributor

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."