Honored Contributor

13 year old win U.S. Figure Skating Championship....

[ Edited ]

....with back to back triple axels.  8 triples in all.  All for nothing.  She is too young to be at the world championship this year or next year.  She won't be eligible until the next Olympic winter games in China. She had an amazing technical program. Her artistry is not there yet.  She's too young.  Her spins are difficult and excellent. She is the only hope of the U.S. has of being a threat to the Russians.I hope will be able to sustain it. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=21&v=lar7f6evbqw

Honored Contributor

Re: 13 year old win U.S. Figure Skating Championship....

[ Edited ]

Just watched the video you posted....and my husband just turned on her performance on tv saying he recorded it thinking I would want to see it  (interesting synchronicity, he didn't even know I was reading this post).  Yes, I agree...technically she is amazing and she will grow more elegant with age...looking forward to her amazing future.  Thanks for the post.

Esteemed Contributor

Crazy fearless.  It's going to be interesting to watch her going forward.  It's the long-held debate - is about the jumps, or the artistry?  

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@phoenixbrd wrote:

Just watched the video you posted....and my husband just turned on her performance on tv saying he recorded it thinking I would want to see it  (interesting synchronicity, he didn't even know I was reading this post).  Yes, I agree...technically she is amazing and she will grow more elegant with age...looking forward to her amazing future.  Thanks for the post.

Russia's 14 year old Alexandra Trusova is amazing.  She easily has artistry of a much older skater.  She does quads.  One after the other, after the other.  She won't be at the Worlds either.  Alexandra can beat Alyssa easily right now. she's mega fierce.  Other then Alyssa, the U.S. is still pretty bad in figure skating.  I hope Alyssa changes this.

Alexandra Trusova

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJ3GvpMh_cE

She's a child with flexibility and balletic ability.  Very poised on the ice. Although she did fall on this one doing a quad.  One of the few times she has.  Her program is much harder.

Honored Contributor

You would think the intense physical exertion it takes to perform these extremely difficult, demanding moves, would take a toll on her young, growing body.  Too much, too soon.  You don't race horses too young or do agility with very young puppies for that reason.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@songbird "All for nothing."  REALLY? I doubt the young lady would agree.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@songbird "All for nothing."  REALLY? I doubt the young lady would agree.

Yeah,I think so.  They can't compete.  Neither Alysa or 14 year old Alexandria Trusova....remember that name.  And I wanted to see these two at it.  Alexandra I think would have beaten Alysa.  Her quads vs triple axels. Alysa has back to back triple axels.  Alexandaia has back to back  to back quads.  Alysa can't meet her unitl 2 years from now. But Alysa isn't flexible at all, and Alexandra is.  You'll see Olympic gold Alina Zagitova (much taller now & a bit heavier.....she still looks good trust me) instead.  Poor Adalina came in 2nd place at the Europeans.  Beaten by yet another Russian.  Where are the Russians getting these girls???    The Olympic favorite (for not winning the gold medal) Evgenia Medeva has been floundering.  She finished 5th in the Russian Nationals.  She left her coach and her rivalry with Alina behind with a lot of people complaining that she is finished.  She's a beautiful skater, but she doesn't have the jumps.  Maybe our lone American will have a chance with her.