Honored Contributor

⚽️ Congrats to Philly! 👍🏾

World Cup Soccer/Football will be held in Philly 2026.

proxy-image.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

Re: ⚽️ Congrats to Philly! 👍🏾

And the final game will be held in NJ/NY because the one thing we have been lacking is soccer hooligans from around the world.  Lucky us.

Respected Contributor

I'm so excited!!!! I like the idea of a North America World Cup. Cities in Canada, Mexico and the USA. Woman LOL 

Esteemed Contributor

This is very exciting and a huge deal!  

Honored Contributor

Thumbs Up Emoticon - Beautiful Emoji Queen Duvet, transparent png download

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bookplate   I haven't heard anything about a venue choice for the finals. Or am I not getting the joke?

Trusted Contributor

@PickyPicky3 wrote:

@Bookplate   I haven't heard anything about a venue choice for the finals. Or am I not getting the joke?

We were listed last in the list I saw on NPR so I assumed, apparently incorrectly, that that was the final game.  If you get the impression that I have absolutely no idea how this works, or have any interest in it, you would be correct.  Saw NYC's mayor and NJ's gov. on tv yesterday looking very smug so knew this was coming.  

Respected Contributor

@Bookplate   You know, I have no interest in soccer as a professional sport. But every four years those same players reorganize themselves into national teams and magic happens. People get emotional. There are watch parties with great food and music from the countries playing that day. You might even meet a soccer hooligan you like. 

Honored Contributor

The 2022 World Cup will be in Qatar in November-December. Suffice to say snow and cold weather won't be an issue for the players.

I'm glad it's coming to the US in 2026. They haven't announced where the final game of the tournament will be held in 2026. My money would be on Mexico City or LA. Dallas and Atlanta would be possibilities also. They'll want a big, new, shiny stadium for the final game. Mexico City would have the most passionate fans. LA, Dallas, and Atlanta have newer stadiums with all of the amenities. All three of those stadiums are weather-proof also. That might be a factor. If they want a grass field for the finale, they might choose Philly. Jeff Lurie (Eagles' owner) has been passionate about bringing world-class soccer to Philly for some time. (The dome stadiums might just import grass for the event also.)

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!