Honored Contributor

Re: why are so many shoes they are offering so expensive?

I need a shoe with good arch support so I shop the Q for Earth Brand and I do have Vionic flip flops. I would think the Q could give us more of a break on the prices since they sell so much volume. Also, they get a deal on shipping for sending so much merchandise out, they should be giving us a break on shipping too.

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

I don't think Q shoes are any more expensive than other places.  Shoes are expensive.  However, you can sometimes find a good deal on line or in a store, whereas on the Q you seldom find a deal.

@faeriemoon

Exactly.  Also who is going to let you wear a shoe and return it?

Honored Contributor

I buy all my shoes and sandals from Qvc, I have for many years now and the vast majority are under $100.  I don't think I ever paid more that $80 for Qvc shoes, most were less.  The shoes aren't $19.99 because they are not Payless quality.  Not that there is anything wrong with Payless.  It's just that you get what you pay for. 

Esteemed Contributor

I went to Marshalls and they have many name brand shoes at good prices. Also, when Macy's have sales they have good deals on their shoes at quite a discount. They have some really nice shoes. I think if you shop around you can find good quality shoes for reasonable prices. You just have to be savvy.

Respected Contributor

And I have wished that QVC sold better shoes. I think they are missing the boat by selling so many cheap shoes. A lot of us simply shop elsewhere!

Esteemed Contributor

While places like Nordstrom Rack and T.J.Maxx and Marshall's can be great places to find shoes that fit and are on sale, you also have to really look at the quality as they also get shoes that were made for those stores only and weren't sold elsewhere -- that can mean corners were cut somewhere. Beware the cheap athletic shoe with the glued insoles sold at these stores as removable insoles are more expensive to make but removable insole shoes are better made usually.

Frequent Contributor

NORDSTROMS!