Trusted Contributor

why are so many shoes they are offering so expensive?

I have noticed lately that many shoes they are showing are $100 an $200 dollars.I know many people will buy,but I know I will not.Many families just don't have that kind of extra cash.

Honored Contributor

Re: why are so many shoes they are offering so expensive?

I'd say the vast majority of shoes are under $100.  That's what you have to pay anywhere to get a leather shoe of decent quality.  If you want cheap, plastic footwear, there are other places to shop.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@bewise wrote:

I have noticed lately that many shoes they are showing are $100 an $200 dollars.I know many people will buy,but I know I will not.Many families just don't have that kind of extra cash.

QVC has a pretty wide range of prices on shoes.

I have shoes from QVC and some were over $100, but most were not. It doesn't bother me that they sell some shoes that are out of my price range. Unless I'm at the dollar store, pretty much every store sells something for a price I'm either unwilling or unable to pay. It's up to me to make the decision.

QVC never guaranteed that they would sell things every family could afford. They promise Quality, Value, and Convenience. Value doesn't always mean low prices. If I just want low prices, there are plenty of other places I can go.

Super Contributor

Things are expensive. I have teenage boys and I watch our pennies. I buy but have the mindset of quality over quanity. I delay purchases to find the best deal. Last year there was a wrap wool coat that I wanted from Garnet Hill  but waited til  Feb and saved about 75%. I buy off season. Another for instance is I wanted a warm rain coat for really cold days and just purchased a Hal Rubenstein on HSN for $24.95 that was retailed for $249.00.

I also bought Vince Camutto boots at HSN for about 75% off. Thrift stores and Ebay are a good way to get gently used items that still have lots of miles. I think younger people are not buying as many clothes and shoes. I see this in my teens friends. They get a few nice things and wear them over and over. 

A good pair of shoes takes someone a while to make. My husband  buys expensive shoes and polishes and wears them for years. He travels a lot and says "if you take good care of your shoes they will take care of you."

Floral Pillow
Honored Contributor

I've never bought cheap shoes that were comfortable. Never. Lucky in the person who can. If you mess up your feet, you're going to pay for it for a LONG time.

The one place I DON'T skimp is shoes. Now, I don't know what shoes on QVC the OP is referring to: often fashion shoes are due to the name and well, they can be AWFUL to wear so... yeah.  But shoes that are good for the feet are NOT cheap; believe it or not, Birkenstocks are a steal compared to really well made shoes that are good for the feet and comfortable right out of the box.  They also last for years.

It's all relative, in the end.

Esteemed Contributor

@SahmIam

A few years ago, I got lucky to find great Birkenstock/Birkies - clogs and sandals - on 6PM.com and paid approx. $50. a pair. I bought 15 pairs --- and I already had many pairs that I purchased from the Q prior. I'm wearing the sandals right now. I could afford to pay $100+ for a pair of shoes on the Q --- but I would NOT!!!!

Fortunately, I have many pairs of Clarks and Rykas also --- many pairs are "old" - but in perfect condition.

Sometimes I feel like buying new shoes -- but I would have to go to a Clarks shoe store and try them on --- since my recent purchases of Clarks on-line made me realize that the "sizing" has changed.

I wear 7 wide -- and finding comfy shoes in wide is a real challenge.

Yes --- QVCs shoes got way too expensive -- and that doesn't always translate to comfortable.

Honored Contributor

QVC sells shoes for many purposes - style/trendy/designer, orthotic, recreation & relaxation, comfort, work, play, yadda yadda, made of different materials with different levels of quality.

People who are seeking the first two types need to spend what they need to spend, i.e. if you want/need them, that's what they cost - at QVC or anywhere.

The other types can be bought in many places. They too can cost $200 down to $20 at Payless, Target and Walmart. There's something for everyone on the market, but it isn't all going to be at QVC.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

Shoes are expensive everywhere and one of the reasons is the high U.S. dollar compared to other currencies as those offshore factories that make shoes and clothes get paid in those expensive U.S. dollars and that cost is passed on to the customer. 

But Americans have it better than other countries as a pair of shoes in Canada can easily be 50% or more than the same pair in the U.S. I also wait for sales and this time of the year shoes are on sale.

i did notice that the Clark's Helio Float sandal went up in price on QVC from about $60 to $78 or so. Those same sandals sell in Canada at the regular price of $110 - $140 and I have been patiently waiting for them to go on sale at Hudson's Bay so I can buy the wide version. Hopefully it's going to be arriving this or next week! With shipping and taxes I'm paying about $89 CDN for them.

Honored Contributor

I don't think Q shoes are any more expensive than other places.  Shoes are expensive.  However, you can sometimes find a good deal on line or in a store, whereas on the Q you seldom find a deal.

Honored Contributor

@kivah wrote:

@SahmIam

A few years ago, I got lucky to find great Birkenstock/Birkies - clogs and sandals - on 6PM.com and paid approx. $50. a pair. I bought 15 pairs --- and I already had many pairs that I purchased from the Q prior. I'm wearing the sandals right now. I could afford to pay $100+ for a pair of shoes on the Q --- but I would NOT!!!!

Fortunately, I have many pairs of Clarks and Rykas also --- many pairs are "old" - but in perfect condition.

Sometimes I feel like buying new shoes -- but I would have to go to a Clarks shoe store and try them on --- since my recent purchases of Clarks on-line made me realize that the "sizing" has changed.

I wear 7 wide -- and finding comfy shoes in wide is a real challenge.

Yes --- QVCs shoes got way too expensive -- and that doesn't always translate to comfortable.

You are very lucky and I would have done the same thing; I live in my Gizeh's!!!  

And I think we're agreeing: not all shoes that are $$$ are comfortable- sometimes it's just the name or design you're paying for.