Respected Contributor

Re: trying zappos for the first time today

Zappos is great! Another good source is shoes dot com. DH takes size 10.5 EEEE and they had a good selection of shoes in that size. In addition to free shipping and returns, they send out sale notices if you sign up for their email list. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kittyloo  ..You sound like a wonderful Step-Mom!!   I love Zappos.  If a pair of shoes don't fit and have to be returned there is no return shipping charge.  

Respected Contributor

we have already tried shoes at a couple of places. problem is getting something wide enough, have to go up in size. along with not actually knowing her size.

she was wearing a 10w.  anything smaller, and she would blow out the sides of the shoe within a week or so. 

i did get a good deal at zappos, just hope the work.

Valued Contributor

Zappos is great but you pay top dollar for the shoes there.  

Esteemed Contributor

@toria 

I've bought 7 pairs of Ryka sneakers and several pairs of Clarks from Zappos - all on sale. 

Honored Contributor

@kittyloo Have you received your Zappos order yet?

Valued Contributor

Zappos is my favorite online shoe store. They have so much, and their customer service is awesome. Also extremely fast shipping. 

Respected Contributor

@ECBG  just got our order today.  they look like they fit, but its like pulling teeth, trying to get her to articulate specificallly on the fit.  she is not used to having shoes that actually  fit.  not a ton of options in her size. (7.5 ww')

we'll try these for a few days, and i'll see if i can ask her some specific ?'s.

it's a start.  since i've bought her the new shirts and things, i haven't seen her wear one of the ratty old things. 

moving forward. yea!

Honored Contributor

@kittyloo wrote:

@ECBG  just got our order today.  they look like they fit, but its like pulling teeth, trying to get her to articulate specificallly on the fit.  she is not used to having shoes that actually  fit.  not a ton of options in her size. (7.5 ww')

we'll try these for a few days, and i'll see if i can ask her some specific ?'s.

it's a start.  since i've bought her the new shirts and things, i haven't seen her wear one of the ratty old things. 

moving forward. yea!

@kittyloo Stay totally on the carpet or they can't go back.  Only unworn shoes.

Respected Contributor

@ECBG   oh, thanks, good to know