Respected Contributor

trying zappos for the first time today

so my stepdaughter moved in.  had next to nothing in the clothing and shoe arena. 

we have had a hard time finding shoes to fit.  she came with 1 ratty pair. 

so we took her to the expensive shoe store to get her foot measured by a professional.

no wonder we couldn't find shoes to fit. 7.5 EEE.  girl has feet like cinder blocks. 

they didn't even have anything at the fancy store to fit her. 

zappos to the rescue. 

they had several choices. hope they work for her. on top of the cinder block feet, she is a picky teen. 

sigh.

Honored Contributor

Re: trying zappos for the first time today

@kittyloo   How generous and kind.  Hope this picky teen is appreciative, sounds as if she has not had an easy time.  She is lucky that you have come into her life.  Love Zappos.  Now for the clothes shopping...have fun!

Respected Contributor

@phoenixbrd   

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@kittyloo   How generous and kind.  Hope this picky teen is appreciative, sounds as if she has not had an easy time.  She is lucky that you have come into her life.  Love Zappos.  Now for the clothes shopping...have fun!

she's coming around.  She is used to only getting clothing from the $1 a bag rummage sales, and goodwill.  She looked like a homeless person when she moved in.  she hated shopping when she moved in, and now that she likes to go shopping when she knows it's actually going to be new things with the tags on.  baby steps.

Honored Contributor

@kittyloo   You are a good mommy....your love and patience will overcome the rough spots.  Wishing your new family much health and love.

Esteemed Contributor

Zappos is amazing. No better shipping and returns anywhere. 

Trusted Contributor

My husband bought a pair of shoes from Zappos and absolutely loves them.  They are the coolest looking tennis shoes ever.  Very happy with their service and delivery.

Valued Contributor

Wow!  Thank you for being so kind to her.  I know your husband will love you for it.  She a lucky girl to have you

Honored Contributor

LOVE zappos!  I've used them for at least 20 years!Smiley Happy

They even exchanged a pair of leather boots for me, sending one out when they hadn't recieved their return.  This was before companies were advised of returns.

Esteemed Contributor

Within the last few months, I ordered 7 pairs of Ryka sneakers from Zappos --- Devotion Plus 2 and Skywalk. I wear size 7 wide in Rykas. Wides were D width --- now some of the sneakers say wide C width - which is my size.

Calling or emailing Zappos - you'll get lots of help - they sell many brands and they could recommend. Great Site!!!!

Now they carry lots of Wides - on this site, clarks dot com - and QVC. 

Esteemed Contributor

Sounds like she's had a difficult childhood.  So nice that she has you to guide and help her.  Having nice shoes and clothing will help, but, letting her know that you actually care about her is worth millions!!!

Wishing your family every happiness.