Respected Contributor

I went yesterday to try on some arch fits styles.  I have had more skechers than any other shoe but the arch fit was a dissapointment.  The arch came up to the wrong place on my foot.  It felt like it was hitting the beginning of my arch rather than the middle of my arch.  I could tell they would not be comfortable.   

Esteemed Contributor

The Sketchers Arch Fit shoes do not come in wide widths,so they are a no-go for me.

There are good running/ athletic shoes with good arch support. Hoka One Ones have arch support and a thickly cushioned sole and can be found at sale prices online. There are others, as well.

Respected Contributor

@aubegirl  You make a great point.   If the arch support is off just a millimeter, it's a disaster to say the least.  I haven't ran into that problem with any of my shoes yet, except for an Earth brand boot, the arch is so high  it's ridiculous.  I do love them but I don't wear them often because of this.   I would be afraid to try the Skechers arch fit because of this experience.   And  BTW, I have a high arch!!  

Respected Contributor

@queendiva I found some wides on Amazon.

Esteemed Contributor

@NYCLatinaLaw : in the Sketchers ArchFit?

Respected Contributor

@queendiva wrote:

@NYCLatinaLaw : in the Sketchers ArchFit?

Yes!  Not all shoes.  I did a search for skechers archfit, selected women and brand, had to go one by one because Amazon doesn't do good searches for sizing.  They didn't have that many pairs for women when I searched. so it didn't take that long.  There were sneakers and mocs, but as is typical of Amazon, availability on sizing was hit or miss.  I got some, but I am unsure of how I feel about them.  My feet are very difficult to fit, very wide in the front (big toes and high arch), narrow in the back.  I have been going up in size to compensate.  I think the size I got is too long for me, but if I go down, will it be wide enough?  I think they are worth a try.  I liked the moc better than the sneaker style, but it may be too long for me, I think.