New Contributor

skecher go walk boots ruined after one wear...

I just recieved a pair of grey go walk boots, I wore them to work and when I came home they had black in about 6 places on the swede where the shoe meets the sole. I tried cleaning it to no avail. Im pretty sure this is the glue because its a hard kind of sticky substance but looks like black ink.  I was pretty hard on the boot as IM a waitress and had a busy nite, but now they are runied... Anyone else experience this? Can I return them. They were an "as is" but looked great when they arrived in the mail.  I love the feel and look of the boot. But they look terrible now after one wear.  Advise please and Thanks!

Respected Contributor

Re: skecher go walk boots ruined after one wear...

You have 30 days from purchase to return an item, if purchased before Christmas, everything has extended return by 1/31/16.  "As is" makes no difference, same return policy.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

You ruined the boots and now you want to return the, wow I cry foul, how rude and crude can you be 

@shonny wrote:

I just recieved a pair of grey go walk boots, I wore them to work and when I came home they had black in about 6 places on the swede where the shoe meets the sole. I tried cleaning it to no avail. Im pretty sure this is the glue because its a hard kind of sticky substance but looks like black ink.  I was pretty hard on the boot as IM a waitress and had a busy nite, but now they are runied... Anyone else experience this? Can I return them. They were an "as is" but looked great when they arrived in the mail.  I love the feel and look of the boot. But they look terrible now after one wear.  Advise please and Thanks!

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

@shonny

Welcome to the boards. You certainly can return the boots. People have and wear footwear from the Q for much longer than one day before they return them for a variety of reasons. I don't think it's unreasonable at all to return your boots after what happened, after only one wearing. Even an "as is" item is expected to last longer than that. Good luck with your return!

Valued Contributor

It certainly doesn't sound as if you intentionally 'ruined' the shoes. Some shoes hold up better than others, and after one wear, the shoes should hold up better or be able to be cleaned. Definitely return the shoes and just ignore the 'blamers' who post on this site. 

Honored Contributor

@shonny wrote:

You can return these, but I'm not sure that you should.  If you feel you ruined them, then I don't think you should return them...but it's your call.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Valued Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

You ruined the boots and now you want to return the, wow I cry foul, how rude and crude can you be 

@shonny wrote:

How did she 'ruin' them??  She wore them to work ONCE.  She didn't walk through wet cement, or throw them into a lake, or wear them 16 hours a day for the 30 days straight! 

Sounds like the boots were of poor quality to being with, so yes I think you are totally within your rights to return them @shonny.

I don't see this as any different than if you wore a brand new bracelet and the clasp broke off on the first time wearing, or if you wore a coat and after wearing it once, the zipper broke. 

Welcome to the boards.  There are some rude people but the vast majority are lovely Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Personally I would never return an item that I have worn and ended up damaging, but hey that just me. Sorry you think I am mean, I am just honest
Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

....and the battle lines are drawn.